C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:10 PM
76 sting
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
Ahhh okay. You are basically going to strap the fuel pump to the factory fuel inlet pickup tube.
Very simple and clean don't you think?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
TopGunn
Drifting

Originally Posted by 76 sting
Very simple and clean don't you think?
I was wondering how this in-tank fuel pump worked out for you, have you had a chance to install it yet?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 AM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by TopGunn
I was wondering how this in-tank fuel pump worked out for you, have you had a chance to install it yet?
OK...almost complete, just waiting for a few more parts from Jegs.

I cant find my camera so no pics just yet.

The pump was attached to a piece of aluminum (about 10 inches long 3/4 wide with 2x 90 deg bends opposite directions) with the 90 deg bend at the bottom with a 1/2 hole in it. The nipple end of the pump went through the hole an then I attached the pre filter screen onto that. Then I used the 2 supplied clamps to hold it to the piece of aluminum. The top 90 deg bend was attached to the gas filler neck. I ran the wires out the tank like the instructions and attached the AN fitting to the tank as well.

I do have a few questions for anyone that has installed this before.

Where do I connect the fan relay wire (blue I believe)to and what does that wire do? must I use it?

Fuel pump wire (green wire) where do I wire that to and why?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
76 sting
Pro

The pump was attached to a piece of aluminum (about 10 inches long 3/4 wide with 2x 90 deg bends opposite directions) with the 90 deg bend at the bottom with a 1/2 hole in it. The nipple end of the pump went through the hole an then I attached the pre filter screen onto that. Then I used the 2 supplied clamps to hold it to the piece of aluminum. The top 90 deg bend was attached to the gas filler neck. I ran the wires out the tank like the instructions and attached the AN fitting to the tank as well.

Where do I connect the fan relay wire (blue I believe)to and what does that wire do? must I use it?

Thanks in advance

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=96972
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=96970
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=96973
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=96974

Last edited by 76 sting; 11-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

The fan relay wire should ground the fan relay. Same for fuel pump - it grounds the fuel pump relay.

I haven't installed this yet, but I've read the instructions a few billion times. (lol)

See page 4 of the manual (referencing the digital copy on fuelairspark . com)
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM
TopGunn
Drifting

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply and pictures, looks like you're making good progress. Did you replace your original tank with a different one? I don't see the bladder.
Also, the picture of the red and black wires.........do they give you that fitting and seal washer? I assume that's the power for the pump.

Lookin good!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
The fan relay wire should ground the fan relay. Same for fuel pump - it grounds the fuel pump relay.

I haven't installed this yet, but I've read the instructions a few billion times. (lol)

See page 4 of the manual (referencing the digital copy on fuelairspark . com)

I just went to page 4 and read this....
Fuel Pump Relay Negative control side of a relay for powering a fuel pump. Do NOT wire directly to fuel pump. (Not used with optional EZ-EFI™ Fuel Pump kit.)

Since I have the EZ-EFI in tank pump system it says that I don't need this wire.... sounds strange... do you agree with this statement?

Other question on page 4 as well...
Fan Relay Negative control side of a relay for powering an electric fan. Do NOT wire directly to fan.

Do I need to use this wire? Not to sure why I would want to do this as my electric fans are already connected. What does the EZ system have to do with my fans in my car?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by TopGunn
Thanks for the reply and pictures, looks like you're making good progress. Did you replace your original tank with a different one? I don't see the bladder.
Also, the picture of the red and black wires.........do they give you that fitting and seal washer? I assume that's the power for the pump.

Lookin good!
Yes I replaced the 76 tank with a 74 so the returns are on the bottom and no bladder to worry about. Yes they gave me the fitting and seal for the wires that do power the pump.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

I just went to page 4 and read this....
Fuel Pump Relay Negative control side of a relay for powering a fuel pump. Do NOT wire directly to fuel pump. (Not used with optional EZ-EFI™ Fuel Pump kit.)

Since I have the EZ-EFI in tank pump system it says that I don't need this wire.... sounds strange... do you agree with this statement?

Other question on page 4 as well...
Fan Relay Negative control side of a relay for powering an electric fan. Do NOT wire directly to fan.

Do I need to use this wire? Not to sure why I would want to do this as my electric fans are already connected. What does the EZ system have to do with my fans in my car?

Not sure about the contradiction with the in-tank system... I'd have to refer to the specific instructions to that.

As for the other one, it depends. Wiring it into the ECM will let the ECM control fan turn-on, which gives you the ability to program it and if you have A/C, the ECM can also trigger fan engagement that way.

I currently have e-fans running off a temp switch, but if/when I convert to EFI, I would rather go through the ECM because it'll give me much more finite control over the fan's behavior.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

I guess no more nitrous for the 383?!?!

Les
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
Not sure about the contradiction with the in-tank system... I'd have to refer to the specific instructions to that.

As for the other one, it depends. Wiring it into the ECM will let the ECM control fan turn-on, which gives you the ability to program it and if you have A/C, the ECM can also trigger fan engagement that way.

I currently have e-fans running off a temp switch, but if/when I convert to EFI, I would rather go through the ECM because it'll give me much more finite control over the fan's behavior.
I guess I should read the whole manual before I installed it. Page 13 says I will not have to use that Green Fuel pump relay. I guess that is used when someone doesn't use the optional EZ-EFI fuel pump kit as the relay is wired into the harness already. I totally agree on the fan relay wire, again page 13 explains it nicely like you did.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by AGVI
I guess no more nitrous for the 383?!?!

Les
Let me tell you something...that was a hard decision on my end. To be honest this is my 3rd engine due to NOS damage in 6 years. I continue to push my limits and I suffer every time. I just took it all out tonight and sold the whole system...WOW the amount of wire, hose, and components that I just removed was crazy!!!! Purge, heater blanket, RPM rev limiter, Separate fuel pump, regulator, 1 gall fuel cell, fuel pressure safety switch, NOS tank pressure regulator, dash gauges....DAMN! My engine looks so clean now it is crazy.

That being said I decided to put in a bigger cam ( not too sure what size yet) 1.6 rockers, and some 3.90 gears.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
76 sting
Pro

OK guys I am done and took out for a ride tonight...wow nice difference on the start up and throttle response.

I do have a question though. The handheld unit says 43 psi but the gauge on the regulator says 22 psi?? I am guessing I need to change the pressure to 43psi + or- on the gauge?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

OK guys I am done and took out for a ride tonight...wow nice difference on the start up and throttle response.

I do have a question though. The handheld unit says 43 psi but the gauge on the regulator says 22 psi?? I am guessing I need to change the pressure to 43psi + or- on the gauge?
Yes, that fuel pressure is too low. You have to set the pressure with the fuel pump running and the vacuum hose to it disconnected. Set it to 43psi.

Here is a link to the FAST product support forum, a great resource if you have any issues:

http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/fast-...t-support.html
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
76 sting
Pro

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
Yes, that fuel pressure is too low. You have to set the pressure with the fuel pump running and the vacuum hose to it disconnected. Set it to 43psi.

Here is a link to the FAST product support forum, a great resource if you have any issues:

http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/fast-...t-support.html
Thanks man!!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

I can't wait to install my EZ-EFI this spring!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 PM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

i'm installing mine now. Mrs. Fugawi let me buy my christmas present early. pics to follow in another thread. oh, Agvi, love your avatar.

Get notified of new replies

To F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:40 PM
proudflesh
7th Gear

Default save yourself, it's too late for me!

Ordered my '74 new, paid cash. The car is immaculate. Bought FAST 2.0 TBI, spent thousands on the product and installation, will spend more to remedy my mistake in choosing that product. Product failed to work at first start up, cranked, no ignition, and continued to fail intermittently for 7 months. FAST gave my mechanic the run around, no meaningful support and no solution to the issues. FAST told my mechanic we had to buy an ignition box ($500 more from my pocket) to fix their system, which it did not. My mechanic spent over $3000 of his own (which he did not charge me) trying everything he was told to, with no affect on the issues, finally, I put a stop to it. My mechanic is restoring me to my original Quadrajet configuration. Next stop, an attorney. Save yourself, it's too late for me.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Sweet19
Cruising

Default Fuel lines

Hey man very nice set up its nice to see attention to detail espicially on the red headed C3 cars lol. Question for ya... did u make the fuel line hook ups or buy them? They look almost like a factory set-up like thats how it should have came very nice. Im running an MSD Atomic on mine and still debating on how to run the lines to make it pretty ....deff not using the cheap rubbber hose in the kit im going to AN the whole set-up
Old 07-18-2015, 01:18 PM
proudflesh
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Sweet19
Hey man very nice set up its nice to see attention to detail espicially on the red headed C3 cars lol. Question for ya... did u make the fuel line hook ups or buy them? They look almost like a factory set-up like thats how it should have came very nice. Im running an MSD Atomic on mine and still debating on how to run the lines to make it pretty ....deff not using the cheap rubbber hose in the kit im going to AN the whole set-up
Apparently I was not clear enough for some of you.
After numerous contacts with FAST , the support just wasn't there, the system left me stranded, coasting to the side of the freeway. FAST made every excuse and accusation they could in an attempt to blame my installation people for the problem, even told me I had to buy an MSD ignition box that would solve the problem, $500 later the problem remained (my people had installed several after market F.I. systems before, so they were not new to it).
After 10 months of wasted time and a lot of wasted money, I recognized there is such a a thing as throwing good money after bad. I returned my car to the original carb, and once again it ran fine. I told my installers to toss the FAST 2.0 F.I. trash in the place it belongs, in the trash.
Never, never NEVER again. This makes me very suspicious of any product owned by Comp Cams.
Approximately $2800 worth of expense.
Buy it if you want, learn the hard way if you must, for most people there is no other way, I guess. By the way, I even spent more money by having hard lines (with AN fittings) made instead of the stupid rubber hose system FAST supplied (an invitation to a future fire if there ever was one), no expense was sparred, all to no avail.
Pretty funny to see you comment about their "attention to detail" and then, in the same paragraph, comment about the "cheap rubbber hose".

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?