C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

This system seems very interesting, I am wanting to make the change over to fuel injection. Is anyone using this yet? Wasn't there a member here that was part of the design team for this system?

http://www.fuelairspark.com/ezefi/default.asp#thumb

Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 AM
d555
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

bluzman2004, is the one to talk to.

dp
Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 AM
bluzman2004
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running it for a year now with no problems and no tuning. I have the dual quad version that's being released any day now. The only difference is an additional throttle body that has injectors only.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
, I am wanting to make the change over to fuel injection.
You will not regret it. I am not using this system but the FI is the way to go. With all the systems out there and the ease of tuning now I would never go back to a carb. Mine starts right up hot or cold and runs perfect in all conditions. It is a little costly and requires some mods to the fuel system but well worth the time and investment.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

i would really really like to go this route,
i have read the install instructions time and time again for the FAST and the powerjection III system. It seems easy enough. My only concern is for the vented gas tank. I dont know enough about exactly what that is to make an informed decision on it.

i have read about a charcoal vapor canistor in the engine bay but if mine used to have one its gone now. is a vented gap sufficient to run an EFI system.

I also know that the stock return line isnt big enough and that a larger one needs to be installed. i really dont want to have to drop the tank to hook up larger fuel lines.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 AM
CorvetteDave01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the FAST xfi setup a couple of years ago and really like it. Tuning is relatively easy now although I am far from proficient. When I first started with it it was very frustrating though. I will never go back to a carb. This is a custom, ported Motown intake on a 427 solid roller sb.
Attached Images     
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
KENS80V
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Here is another one to consider. This setup gets rid of the distributor and uses the LS1 computer. The modified vortec distributor is just used to spin the oil pump and provide a cam sensor signal. Coilpacks from a LS2 engine now provide the spark. The throttle body is also from a LS2 (fly by wire). The LS1 PCM will now control my transmission as well (4L60E). Cruise control is also now a breeze to hookup because it is also controlled by the PCM/TAC module. You can read more about this style of setup at http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/default.aspx

Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

that would be nice if it would fit into a BB.

that is what is so appealing about the FAST system, it fits under the stock hood.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM
73StreetRace
Burning Brakes

Nice stuff, awesome setups

A little too costly at this time but prices will certainly fall... I hope so...

But not a bad idea if you don't already have purchased a carb. Good carbs are expensive, too.
If you add the necessary tuning time and all additionnal parts ( jets, nozzles, cams, gaskets ) you need to buy, dyno pulls or wideband controller, ... finally EFI is not so costly

Last edited by 73StreetRace; 07-23-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

What if you have more than 600hp?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
You will not regret it. I am not using this system but the FI is the way to go. With all the systems out there and the ease of tuning now I would never go back to a carb. Mine starts right up hot or cold and runs perfect in all conditions. It is a little costly and requires some mods to the fuel system but well worth the time and investment.
FI is good
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
bluzman2004
Pro

For the EZefi system that is the limit for a single throttle body. We did make 659 on a GM572 though. You could either go with a dual quad version or go with a multi-port setup and an air-only throttle body. The EZefi will also support multi-port for the no tuning benifit. The XFI over course is already multi-port.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by bluzman2004
I've been running it for a year now with no problems and no tuning. I have the dual quad version that's being released any day now. The only difference is an additional throttle body that has injectors only.
Hi Ron, since you have intimate knowledge of this FAST system, could we discuss it a little deeper? I am very interested in it!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 PM
bluzman2004
Pro

Sure ask away or PM me if you want.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
yellow-fever
Racer

I have the FAST EZ-EFI system on the built 454 in my 74 BB. Best mod I have ever done to the car. Completely transformed it from a temperamental beast into a much more user-friendly animal. The throttle response is unbelievable. I had it professionally installed by my engine builder and went ahead and replaced the fuel tank at the same time. We ran a new flexible line from the electric fuel pump straight to the throttle body and used the factory hard line as the return line. The ECM is very easy to set up and does not require a laptop. Not a cheap mod but worth every penny IMO.

I would be glad to post pictures if someone would post a link on how to do it from a Mac.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 AM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by yellow-fever
I have the FAST EZ-EFI system on the built 454 in my 74 BB. Best mod I have ever done to the car. Completely transformed it from a temperamental beast into a much more user-friendly animal. The throttle response is unbelievable. I had it professionally installed by my engine builder and went ahead and replaced the fuel tank at the same time. We ran a new flexible line from the electric fuel pump straight to the throttle body and used the factory hard line as the return line. The ECM is very easy to set up and does not require a laptop. Not a cheap mod but worth every penny IMO.

I would be glad to post pictures if someone would post a link on how to do it from a Mac.
I'm very interested in EFI-ing my '71 BB, I really would like to see some pics
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

i want to know as well. what did you do for a fuel tank, oem, aftermarket?

Get notified of new replies

To F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I would be interested in this system too but I would have to take a look at the intake runners and make sure they could be port matched to my AFR 227's. If so the dual quad will probably be my next step up
Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
temvette72
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 72 already has a return fuel line. Will switching to a vented gas cap satisfy the requirement for a vented tank. My cap now says "sealed" on it.

Temvette72
Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by temvette72
My 72 already has a return fuel line. Will switching to a vented gas cap satisfy the requirement for a vented tank. My cap now says "sealed" on it.

Temvette72
that is my main question as well.
i have read that the stock return line is too small so a lot of people are using the stock feed line as the new return and installing a braided feed line now.

also some of the various EFI kits specifically say that a vented cap is not good enough. the fast kit instructions just say a vented tank.

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI; is anyone using this yet?