C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette central via ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:18 AM
timgman
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default corvette central via ebay.....

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++
Let the record show that I did indeed get an email from CC stating that the part was on back order....I just found it in my hotmail "junk" folder..
I'll re-edit my first post to state something to this degree....
Thanks for all of your patience for my insanity, especially CC...

In general the posts in this thread are now irellevanst as CC did indeed fulfill their obligations and server me in an appropriate manner in accordance with their auction policy..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++

Ordered a center cap for my 77 last tuesday...
... they just shipped it today..

I just showed my car at sylvan beach "vettes at the beach"... they were a major sponsor there.
When people asked where center capwas,
I answered them.

Has anyone else had these type issues with otherwise popular vendors on ebay?

Last edited by timgman; 07-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Streamline
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ceased doing business with them. Three years ago I won a NOS item on ebay from them. Thwy did a bait and switch. Sent me a repro part in place of the NOS part. I guess they did not get an arm and leg for the part so they sent the import garbage.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 AM
timgman
Burning Brakes

That's real? OMG.. I have yet to leave feedback for this transaction.. If I dont hear some reason to do otherwise I plan to give them a neg... The first I've ever left on ebay.. my FB is 100...
the girl on the phone was extremely rude. I've dished out thousands and thousands in parts and this is the worst I've ever been treated.... for a 14 dollar center cap... all because the 5 cent screws in mune were bad... geesh..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't understand what you're talking about or what your complaint is, so I imagine the vendor didn't either.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
fe1ixdakatt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
I don't understand what you're talking about or what your complaint is, so I imagine the vendor didn't either.
He ordered a part via Corvette Central on eBay last Tuesday. They didn't ship it until today (Monday morning). When he was at a show this weekend showing off his car without the center cap and people asked why it was missing, he told them he ordered it from Corvette Central and it hadn't arrived.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM
1nicecorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got back from there yesterday too! lots of big money there for sure this year! cc has always shipped super fast from ebay for me! very satisfyed
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Originally Posted by fe1ixdakatt
He ordered a part via Corvette Central on eBay last Tuesday. They didn't ship it until today (Monday morning). When he was at a show this weekend showing off his car without the center cap and people asked why it was missing, he told them he ordered it from Corvette Central and it hadn't arrived.
Thanks for the translation. I thought something important had gone wrong, glad to see that this is not the case.

What's a center cap?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
RobbSalzmann
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Chances are, the order was placed near or after end of business Tues, meaning they got the order on Wed. After processing all the overnight orders Wed, the order was sent to the queue in fulfillment.

There Fulfillment filled the order and shipped it. It may have gone out late Friday, but the notice wasn't sent out until today. (weekend doesn't count).

Mid size companies don't have the automated order processing capabilities that online companies like amazon have. They rely on people to go out into the warehouse and pick the parts.

I realize you were hoping to have the new cap installed for the show, but IMHO, a neg feedback for taking 3 days to process an order is a bit severe (my FB is nearly 700 - almost all purchases). You'll get what you ordered and you never had to leave the house or use the phone. Why didn't you give yourself a little more lead time for the part prior to the show?

Bottom line, all the vendors have variances in the amount of time it takes them to get your order to you. I buy everything online - some stuff comes rocket fast, other stuff takes a while but it comes. Considering I can order what I want from any city I happen to be in and have it be there when I get home, its a great convenience and really simplifies the whole "parts chase" equation.

Everything I've ordered from CC has been correct and shipped in reasonable time - I'll order from them again.

robb

Last edited by RobbSalzmann; 07-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
joewill
Safety Car

Received 261 Likes on 209 Posts

you are going to give them a negative because they shipped a part basically 3 business days after receiving the order? boy, I sure don't ever want to sell anything to you on Ebay...
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
timgman
Burning Brakes

The negative feedback will be the result of
a: selling a product they do not have.
b: the poor attitude their cs provided.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
timgman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike Ward

I think that the statement was fairly clear.. perhaps a bit of "ranting".... but the overall message was crystal.
timg

I have yet to leave my feedback.. If the product is stellar I'll be kind.. I have yet to leave a neg so I don't take this lightly...
Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
timgman
Burning Brakes

And after re-reading the Item desc I see it has "plastic" involved.. hehehe
NICE.. I'm waiting for a china plastic repro.... nice!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Originally Posted by timgman
I think that the statement was fairly clear.. perhaps a bit of "ranting".... but the overall message was crystal.
timg

I have yet to leave my feedback.. If the product is stellar I'll be kind.. I have yet to leave a neg so I don't take this lightly...
You still haven't told us what a center cap is....................
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow you waited a week so far for a part, it might be 10 days before you get it absolutely insane, however now that you mention it I do remember waiting 6 months for my wheels and 7 months for my heads....
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
RobbSalzmann
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

The negative feedback will be the result of
a: selling a product they do not have.
b: the poor attitude their cs provided.
In your original post you said they shipped it. Now you say they don't have it.

Another post, you admit you didn't even read the full description, now you're mad because you ordered an inferior product and have to 'wait' for it.

In fact there's no other name for it I'm aware of.
They are also sometimes called 'hub caps'

I imagine the CS got tired of dealing with someone who is impossible to please.

I'd get my violin out for you, but by the time I found it, rosin'd up the bow, and got set up you'd get mad waiting on me to play...

Last edited by RobbSalzmann; 07-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM
RunningMan373
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a perfectly valid complaint. Not a rant, no name calling, just the facts that it took CC 6 days to even confirm shipment. Why the stick up the $%# for a perfectly valid minor complaint? If you don't know what a center cap is, just leave your keys with me

Center Cap:

Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I think all the center caps are plastic with the exception of the spinners. Those are metal and use set screws to install on the wheel when it is off the car. Have had the spinners. Being heavy, they were hard to keep on and would fling off sometimes. The chrome comment may be making you think it is metal. However, the plastic has a chrome look, rather than the ones for the 70's that were black on the side.

When washing my car this weekend, I found one center cap was missing. Showed it anyway on Saturday and did not get nicked for the missing cap. Went to Corvettes of Houston today and bought 4 replacements.

Get notified of new replies

To corvette central via ebay.....

Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 PM
timgman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RobbSalzmann
In your original post you said they shipped it. Now you say they don't have it.

Another post, you admit you didn't even read the full description, now you're mad because you ordered an inferior product and have to 'wait' for it.

They are also sometimes called 'hub caps'

I imagine the CS got tired of dealing with someone who is impossible to please.

I'd get my violin out for you, but by the time I found it, rosin'd up the bow, and got set up you'd get mad waiting on me to play...
Wow you really hate me
Anyway.
Like I said before, I've never left a negative.. in 6 or so years of buying / selling...
I just wanted to see if others have had issues similar.
I'm not here to define anatomy of a wheel or explain the nomenclature to others.
I guess you must simply think I'm a insatiable jerk... I've never had anyone respond in that manner since joining this forum.
I take your opinion with a grain of salt.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
timgman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry82
I think all the center caps are plastic with the exception of the spinners. Those are metal and use set screws to install on the wheel when it is off the car. Have had the spinners. Being heavy, they were hard to keep on and would fling off sometimes. The chrome comment may be making you think it is metal. However, the plastic has a chrome look, rather than the ones for the 70's that were black on the side.

When washing my car this weekend, I found one center cap was missing. Showed it anyway on Saturday and did not get nicked for the missing cap. Went to Corvettes of Houston today and bought 4 replacements.
The center caps / hup caps / what ever you call em's
are indeed steel on my 77. they have 3 allen head set screws on each one to mount them to a recessed groove on the wheel.
Are other people's caps not like that? Maybe I have the re-pros... hehe
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

And after re-reading the Item desc I see it has "plastic" involved.. hehehe
NICE.. I'm waiting for a china plastic repro.... nice!!!
The original GM caps were plastic and a press-on fit from the front. Small "legs" grabbed the wheel but they often flew off. People would use silicone to secure them. The steel caps are imported and fit from the back via Allen set screws. So you have things bas-akwards.

Quick Reply: corvette central via ebay.....