C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z068 Rear Suspension complete photo

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:44 AM
dstaley
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, sorry, I've been too occupied with stuff around the house and hadn't been on the forum much since last summer. I just saw the thread and thought he probably fabricated all that stuff himself. Since he was looking for feedback, I didn't realize that he bought the components. Thanks vette427-sbc.

Yes, it does look great.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 AM
cam cooper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just saw thread for first time looks nice.one question did u havt to change pig in any way it looks to me as if the load has been changed from vert.to more hor.and from the side ive seen this setup before and was just wondering if the kit beefs up the diff in any way maybe its plenty strong to start with but im just cur.ps dont feel bad i just posted about a replacement hei and only one member helped all other replys just told me what a idiot i was to replace the stock setup in acar thats not mine because the guy paying the bill wanted it that way,go fig.but your setup looks great
Old 04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is going to be a great project to watch, I've been watching for a while but
haven't commented on it much. With warm weather now here, alot of us are spending
more time away from the site, outside. I haven't been here as much as I would like to be.

Keep up the great work on your awesome build and We look forward to seeing your
progress.

P.S. I think there are a lot of skeptical members here that have read some write ups
about the shark bite setup and didn't want to bad mouth your setup, instead would love to
here what you have to say about it once your finished.

Riggs.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Father N Son
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any progress?

Last edited by Father N Son; 07-19-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Timsride
Burning Brakes

Im just glad I didn't see this post till after mine was back together or it would have been another setback on my set-up. I would have to of had it before the body went on. Maybe I will go back and do that to mine in the future. That looks very cool, it will be interesting to see how this car handles.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Z068
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Too damn hot!!!

To answer your question, first I'm waiting on lower control arms and rear Baer brakes to go any further. Secondly IT JUST TOO HOT!!! garage temps are 120-125 inside. I'll be sure to keep the forum up to speed.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Nice project you've got going there Steve. I so much would love to finish my own vette, but as you the heat as well as life just keeps slowing me down
BTW, Everything I've done and continue to do with my vette brings joy to me which is why I do it regardsless of how others may feel.

Last edited by SmokedTires; 07-19-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

I think you should post more pics of the process, not just the end result, then you'll get more response. I know that is difficult when your hands are full of grease. Most of us are wrench turners and get our jollies on the process as much as the end results. We drool over threads such as this and how you work through the install process!!!!

That being said, Your set-up is looking excellent and I hope to see more of the motor - drive train stuff your planning.

Brent

Last edited by MN-Brent; 07-19-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Wow, that suspension looks awsome!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
JB46
Instructor

I am almost afraid to reply as I know I will come across as none to bright...But what the hell. What is this setup providing that a stock setup is not? It is a great looking setup, I just want to understand what it is providing.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 AM
73StreetRace
Burning Brakes

Good looking rear suspension. Very nice
It would be interesting to compare the handling with a classic rear monospring kit like VBP makes + Bilstein shocks.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Z068
Instructor

Originally Posted by JB46
I am almost afraid to reply as I know I will come across as none to bright...But what the hell. What is this setup providing that a stock setup is not? It is a great looking setup, I just want to understand what it is providing.
Coolness
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
JB46
Instructor

Hahaha....Coolness does have it's cost. I guess I will do a search to see if anyone else is using this type setup. As soon as my front end/steering is done I will be breaking out the checkbook for the rear suspension...It looks great...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Z068
Instructor

Originally Posted by cam cooper
just saw thread for first time looks nice.one question did u havt to change pig in any way it looks to me as if the load has been changed from vert.to more hor.and from the side ive seen this setup before and was just wondering if the kit beefs up the diff in any way maybe its plenty strong to start with but im just cur.ps dont feel bad i just posted about a replacement hei and only one member helped all other replys just told me what a idiot i was to replace the stock setup in acar thats not mine because the guy paying the bill wanted it that way,go fig.but your setup looks great
The only real diff upgrade was, the aftermarket strut rods, they are about twice as thick as factory. As far as load goes, I layed on the floor under this thing after I finished putting it on and looked at the linkage. It looks like the forces will indeed translate verticle load into shock travel well. Even if its sucks it looks cool, the car won't be flogged as its for the wife. Mostly Saturday night car shows.

Steve
Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 AM
sniperdiver37
Burning Brakes

For some reason pictures dont always show up for me (any help with that)
My question is.... whats the differance between a shark-bite and VB&P suspention kit. I have installed the performance plus kit from VBP and have not got it on the road yet(very close) Just looking to see which one is the better kit.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Z068
Instructor

Originally Posted by SmokedTires
Nice project you've got going there Steve. I so much would love to finish my own vette, but as you the heat as well as life just keeps slowing me down
BTW, Everything I've done and continue to do with my vette brings joy to me which is why I do it regardsless of how others may feel.
Smoked,
I completely understand about doing it for me, I am (me and the SO). My point is that taking pictures and doing the whole photbucket thing and posting up photos is time consuming and really not for me, its for a contibution to the forum.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Originally Posted by Z068
Smoked,
I completely understand about doing it for me, I am (me and the SO). My point is that taking pictures and doing the whole photbucket thing and posting up photos is time consuming and really not for me, its for a contibution to the forum.

Cheers,

Steve
is that engine with the massive blower going in that car? I hope not. I'm curious about how that rear setup will handle.

Get notified of new replies

To Z068 Rear Suspension complete photo

Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

That is a nice looking rear suspension kit. Has anyone modified it yet by adding an upperlink and removing the inner yoke clips to further reduce camber change during suspension travel?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Z068
Instructor

Originally Posted by turtlevette
is that engine with the massive blower going in that car? I hope not. I'm curious about how that rear setup will handle.
Nope, thats a 540 inch 10:71 supercharged boat engine. Makes 1030HP and 945 foot pounds of torque. I putting in a turnkey engine supply LS7. Just waiting till I stall out before buying it.

Steve
Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Originally Posted by Z068
I putting in a turnkey engine supply LS7. Just waiting till I stall out before buying it.

Steve
hot damn. that should rock.

Quick Reply: Z068 Rear Suspension complete photo