C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight wire routing questions and headlight restoration pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Headlight wire routing questions and headlight restoration pics!

I'm wiring up my headlights and am not sure where the wiring needs to go in order to not get in the way. The manuals have where they need to be plugged in but not the routing of the wire. Anyone have a photo of the wiring near the back of the headlight where it meats up with the main line of wires?

It seems like it could go over the actuators but more than likely it needs to go towards one of the support rods then up?

Here's how the clean up of them turned out.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Okay. I was testing the lights and things look promising.

I had high beams on both lights which means the green wire is working like it should. I however don't have low beams meaning there is a problem with the tan wire. The fog lights that the old owner rigged up(using tan) wouldn't work some of the time so i can only guess there's a bad connection near the switch somewhere that would be connected some times but not others.

Anyone know what the fiber optic cables go to in the photo? they were in about the same wire bundle as one of the lights and I didn't know what they were for or even what the fiber optics purpose was officially.

And do i need to run the headlight warning switches? They just warn me that the lights are on/up when i open my door right? I'm pretty sure i can deal without if possible.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Nobody fiber optic help?

Maybe a diagram of the fiber optic system in the car? I guess i need to go double check the assembly manual but i don't remember seeing anything like that in there.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
Nobody fiber optic help?

Maybe a diagram of the fiber optic system in the car? I guess i need to go double check the assembly manual but i don't remember seeing anything like that in there.
I don't have fiber cables in the 72 (my car was post-highspeed-Internet) but I think the fiber cables need to be in the bullet-shaped recesses in the headlight assembly. Those cables were supposed to transfer light from the headlights and tail lights to the console so that you could tell if you had a bulb out.

Rick B.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight wire routing questions and headlight restoration pics!

Quick Reply: Headlight wire routing questions and headlight restoration pics!