C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Follow up to my issue with DeWitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 07:37 PM
andyg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Follow up to my issue with DeWitt

In a previous thread I posted about a new Griffin radiator I received from DeWitt. Several of the fins were dammaged between Griffin and my house. I spoke with Tom and showed him some pictures of the radiator. The dammage to the fins can be repaired and superficial. I thank Tom for his quick response back to me and his willingness to replace my product if I was completely unhappy.
At this point per his instruction, I am just going to straighten some of the more obvious sections. The rest will be hidden anyways. I figured I would write a public kudos that he treats his customers fairly.

---Andy
Old 03-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Follow up to my issue with DeWitt (andyg)

God to see you worked it out- in my conversations with him he seems to be a real nice guy who's also really busy.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Tominator
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen on a TV program of them straighting air conditioner fins. They used a wire brush and pulled it down on the striagt fins and then continued over the bent ones and it worked great.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:42 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Follow up to my issue with DeWitt (Tominator)

A nice follow up.......Most people here just "Pitch their bitch" and dont respond when the problem is amicably corrected......a NICE thing to do :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 03-26-2002, 11:40 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Aluminum Radiators and A/C Coil condensors are made with a process of "Fins Per Inch" So there is a "Comb" available at you local HVAC shop with a designated FPI to match your coil. It is the best way to repair or restore your bent fins.

While you are there check out a bottle of "Coil Cleaner" works really good on your coils and gives them that NEW LOOK again. It also makes the coil free from crud that it boils out of the fins. Never blast a coil with a hi-pressure water hose to clean it, you could damage your coil beyond repair. The coil cleaner actually boils out the dirt and then it can be rinsed with a low pressure water hose to look and work as well as a new one.

One more tip, While you have the coil cleaner out take the top off of your home A/C unit and clean the coils on it. Indoor and Outdoor coils. It will make them much more efficent and save you enough money to buy some more Vette goodies.

PROSOUTH
Old 03-27-2002, 12:04 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

:cool:
Old 03-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Tom is a nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. Last week I ordered the dual Spal fan kit from him, and I had it in 4 days! Then Monday afternoon he called me to tell me that he was sending out some special nuts to back up the mounting screws, because some people had a problem with the aluminum mounting brackets. He didn't have to do that, but he took the time out of his extremely busy schedule to call me long distance and tell me of a potential problem. Unfortunately I wasn't able to talk to him and he had to leave a message (I was laying under my car on a creeper) and couldn't get out before the phone switched over to Call Notes.

Gary Gruhala is the only other vendor to ever do that for me, now Tom DeWitt has joined my hall of Heros of Business
Thanks a bunch Tom, your concern and attention are appreciated by many of your customers.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:24 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Follow up to my issue with DeWitt (PROSOUTH)

Aluminum Radiators and A/C Coil condensors are made with a process of "Fins Per Inch" So there is a "Comb" available at you local HVAC shop with a designated FPI to match your coil. It is the best way to repair or restore your bent fins.
im in the business with my father and can vouch for this...shouldnt be too expensive either

Get notified of new replies

To Follow up to my issue with DeWitt

Quick Reply: Follow up to my issue with DeWitt