C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options

Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
sokoloka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options

Is FGregg not around anymore?
Email address got bounced back and phone number rings back as disconnected.

www.fgreggracing.com

Was looking at their fixed headlight conversion for C3 vettes, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Are there any other comparably priced sources for fixed headlights on a 1972?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:09 AM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sokoloka
Is FGregg not around anymore?
Email address got bounced back and phone number rings back as disconnected.

www.fgreggracing.com

Was looking at their fixed headlight conversion for C3 vettes, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get one.

Are there any other comparably priced sources for fixed headlights on a 1972?
I'm planning on making my own headlight buckets. As for the lenses, well, I will be making those as well...I'm not a rich guy and can't afford the ones from fgregg.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Too bad, I wanted to order his front spoiler. However, the fixed headlight conversion for
C3 Corvettes is available from Guldstrand:

http://www.guldstrand.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=44
Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
MrForce
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11, '14

Default lenses

Originally Posted by stinger12
I'm planning on making my own headlight buckets. As for the lenses, well, I will be making those as well...I'm not a rich guy and can't afford the ones from fgregg.
Are you going to make flat covers or double hump road race style? If you go for the road race style, I bet you will have a few customers, including me.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
sokoloka
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrForce
Are you going to make flat covers or double hump road race style? If you go for the road race style, I bet you will have a few customers, including me.
Count me in as an option!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:47 PM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MrForce
I am making the double hump ones. I have a "connection" for a perfect female mold. Keep checking my restoration thread...there will eventually be a posting showing how I am making them.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Vintage Exotics
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this thread and wanted to post a response. Both Gulstrand and I buy these headlight kits and parts from Frank Griegorian but somehow he fell off the face of the Earth. After repeated attempts to contact him, I have decided to remanufacture these in quantity since I need them for my stable of race cars. The lenses in particular are used up in racing and have to be replaced. I have identified a number of changes in the manufacturing process to lower the cost of the parts and make them more affordable. Give me a month or two and I will have them available for sale. Contact me at jim@vintageexotics.com for more details if interested.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 AM
shamby
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage Exotics
Saw this thread and wanted to post a response. Both Gulstrand and I buy these headlight kits and parts from Frank Griegorian but somehow he fell off the face of the Earth. After repeated attempts to contact him, I have decided to remanufacture these in quantity since I need them for my stable of race cars. The lenses in particular are used up in racing and have to be replaced. I have identified a number of changes in the manufacturing process to lower the cost of the parts and make them more affordable. Give me a month or two and I will have them available for sale. Contact me at jim@vintageexotics.com for more details if interested.
I ordered a set of headlights from this guy on ebay about a year ago. I'll have to say he's an honest and straight up guy to work with. I'm sure what ever he comes up with will be top of the line. Check out his website, cool cars.

Scott Hamby
Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Vintage Exotics
Intermediate

Thanks Scott ! This is not my main means of making money but it is starting to turn into a business for sure. I also have a few of the spoilers and AIR wiper covers for sale as well. I paid for Frank's mold on the spoilers so if I can somehow get a hold of him again ... I will make them in composite. In fact I have a WHOLE LOT of body molds for the C3 including front, rear clip, doors, IMSA front ends, IMSA doors and so on and am thinking about making these in graphit composite gel coated to look like fiberglass - only 1/2-1/3 the weight. I have a 69 coupe race car that might be my first experiment on this ... stay tuned.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 PM
BryanB75
Racer

Originally Posted by cottoneg
Too bad, I wanted to order his front spoiler. However, the fixed headlight conversion for
C3 Corvettes is available from Guldstrand:

http://www.guldstrand.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=44
That's funny. $800 for that without the lights
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
meinthe73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Scott ! This is not my main means of making money but it is starting to turn into a business for sure. I also have a few of the spoilers and AIR wiper covers for sale as well. I paid for Frank's mold on the spoilers so if I can somehow get a hold of him again ... I will make them in composite. In fact I have a WHOLE LOT of body molds for the C3 including front, rear clip, doors, IMSA front ends, IMSA doors and so on and am thinking about making these in graphit composite gel coated to look like fiberglass - only 1/2-1/3 the weight. I have a 69 coupe race car that might be my first experiment on this ... stay tuned.
post some pics of your lights? what prices are your talking about?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Plan on making spoilers also? With the car so low to the ground, they have to be considered a disposable part.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

E-mail sent.

-Matt
Old 10-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Vintage Exotics
Intermediate

I am planning on reproducing the light kits (lenses, brackets and backing plates), the spoilers, AIR wiper arm covers and a lot of the other fiberglass pieces unique to the C3 race cars. I have spoilers and AIR wiper covers if anyone wants them - contact me offline. Here are some pictures of the lights. I don't want to be confused with being a vendor here - I am just trying to reproduce the parts to keep these guys alive.
Attached Images      
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Count me in for a bunch of our products.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
bstbrgr
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jim*

Just read your thread. I have a set of original GM over the counter buckets and light brackets. Dated 1968. I bought these in the mid 70's at Bloomington ( think it was 1974). You can see the original bends, welds and size/placement of the holes to make perfect repros.*

Stratos
Old 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am planning on reproducing the light kits (lenses, brackets and backing plates), the spoilers, AIR wiper arm covers and a lot of the other fiberglass pieces unique to the C3 race cars. I have spoilers and AIR wiper covers if anyone wants them - contact me offline. Here are some pictures of the lights. I don't want to be confused with being a vendor here - I am just trying to reproduce the parts to keep these guys alive.
Nice lights

Get notified of new replies

To FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options

Old 10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
mtcraigco
Instructor

Thank you for the pics!

Have a set myself and that pic helped tons!

Subscribed for updates too.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need these covers and backing plates too. Let us know what you are going to do Jim.

Thanks

Steve
Old 12-12-2010, 11:08 AM
vstol
Melting Slicks

Received 76 Likes on 74 Posts

email sent, interested in the several part to include the headlight brackets, and covers

Last edited by vstol; 12-12-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FGregg Racing / Fixed Headlight Options