C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCRS now offers info on original Dealer

Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 383 Likes on 312 Posts

Default NCRS now offers info on original Dealer

Starting Oct 1st the NCRS has information on wich Dealer orginaly sold your Car. It covers Cars from about 67 till 74-75 if I remember corectly. Anyway it costs $40 and you must be a member of the NCRS. I sent my ID in and it took a couple of weeks and they sent a letter letting me know my 69 came from Lew Williams Chevrolet in Corpus Christi TX. A Google search of this Dealer shows they were a pretty Cool looking Dealer from 1960 till when ever they folded or possibly moved to Oregon.
I'm not finding it today, but there has been some discustion on people who do Car searchs. I'm missing my History from 1969 till 1985 on my 69. I'm kinda at a dead end in either direction. Anybody know who can get me headed in the right direction again. I'm looking to do a complete resto and I'd like to know what to restore it to. Thanx....
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

IF the dealership managed or cared enough to bother keeping the records....40 years is a LONG time, by now the owner is dead and the kids don't CARE....long since, really...

Old 11-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi GB,
A 69 to restore. BIG FUN! LOTS OF WORK!
Have you looked for a tank sheet yet?
As you take the car apart, if you do it very carefully there are many clues to be found as to what the original options were.
Do you have the 68-69 NCRS Technical Information Manual?. That may also help you determine what you have. Also, the 69 Stingray Guide book by Bizzoco may help too.
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 11-02-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 383 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan 71
Hi GB,
A 69 to restore. BIG FUN! LOTS OF WORK!
Have you looked for a tank sheet yet?
As you take the car apart, if you do it very carefully there are many clues to be found as to what the original options were.
Do you have the 68-69 NCRS Technical Information Manual?. That may also help you determine what you have. Also, the 69 Stingray Guide book by Bizzoco may help too.
Regards,
Alan
Well the good and the Bad of this Car is that somebody else has already had the Car apart. Good as in the Frame was Painted and has no rust,looks as tho the Car has been keep inside all its life, bad as in there isn't any chance of finding any paperwork. Very recently the Tank was replaced with a new one so there isn't much reason to look. All the interior has been replaced at least twice, Body has been customised. The most interesting part of the Car looks to be a Heater Delete Car, even tho Defrosters were manditory from 68 on. The Hole in the Firewall is covered with Presmolded Fiberglass a Race shop should of used Aluminum. But with the rest of the customising this wouldn't of been to hard to do but why remove the Heater for a custom Street Car? So what else, Hardtop only Convert, PB no PS Can-Am White all point to a Car ment to Race. Oh did I mention that its got the Radio Plate and and the Console has the magic letters of L-88.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
petty44
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just did this myself for my 75 roadster, like to know my self the build date, state and dealer,
Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Ravine Speed
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gale Banks 80'
Starting Oct 1st the NCRS has information on wich Dealer orginaly sold your Car. It covers Cars from about 67 till 74-75 if I remember corectly. Anyway it costs $40 and you must be a member of the NCRS. I sent my ID in and it took a couple of weeks and they sent a letter letting me know my 69 came from Lew Williams Chevrolet in Corpus Christi TX. A Google search of this Dealer shows they were a pretty Cool looking Dealer from 1960 till when ever they folded or possibly moved to Oregon.
I'm not finding it today, but there has been some discustion on people who do Car searchs. I'm missing my History from 1969 till 1985 on my 69. I'm kinda at a dead end in either direction. Anybody know who can get me headed in the right direction again. I'm looking to do a complete resto and I'd like to know what to restore it to. Thanx....
Gale, I'd love to get this info on my '69 L71. Wht exactly do I need to do? Can you point me to a website or something? I am not a NCRS member, but I'd join in order to get this info.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi RS,
You can go to the NCRS website for information. Just google NCRS.
There you can read about what the NCRS offers, and how to join. A membership is only $35 per year and you get a great magazine 4 times a year, and a large classified ad magazine 6 times a year.
You'll also see information about the dealer search service which has recently begun.
Try it!!
Regards,
Alan
Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
calif phil
Racer

I joined NCRS last week so I could get that report for my 73. I am anxiously awaiting the report.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Patrick73
Burning Brakes

Phil,
Get your NCRS report on your 1973 yet ?

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS now offers info on original Dealer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NCRS now offers info on original Dealer