C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another first C3 post

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Vtown79Vette
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another first C3 post

Hello everyone, guess ill start out by saying just got my first c3 Vette. I traded a 93 fox body mustang for it...( mustang was pretty on outside and interior but motor had issues)...first off the car needs nothing done to exterior cept a good coat of paint cuz me and yellow dont mix.

Anyways to the case at hand.....The PO pulled the old motor out due to knocking and dropped in a rebuilt 350 out of a 97 chevy pu....so in saying that im having to wire in a elect fuel pump...i already have it mounted and lines ran. i would just like to know the easiest way to fun power to it and not the way he had it on a ugly toggle switch...any help would be great...so i cna fire this thing back up..
Old 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM
69vettester
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vtown79Vette
Hello everyone, guess ill start out by saying just got my first c3 Vette. I traded a 93 fox body mustang for it...( mustang was pretty on outside and interior but motor had issues)...first off the car needs nothing done to exterior cept a good coat of paint cuz me and yellow dont mix.

Anyways to the case at hand.....The PO pulled the old motor out due to knocking and dropped in a rebuilt 350 out of a 97 chevy pu....so in saying that im having to wire in a elect fuel pump...i already have it mounted and lines ran. i would just like to know the easiest way to fun power to it and not the way he had it on a ugly toggle switch...any help would be great...so i cna fire this thing back up..
Hey welcome..
Try getting it wired enough to start , start it and get it tuned, then go over everything troubleshoot and clean it all up to your satisfaction.
Then Paint it tuxedo Black Ok

PS. Theres real basic info on wiring the starter motor Solenoid, The relay on the Driver side fender well, and good battery Ground. Youll find pictures too.

Last edited by 69vettester; 11-27-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Vtown79Vette
4th Gear

Sry guess i should have said that have had it running just remounted the pump since he had it under the hood crappy wired to a toggle that ran through the pass door frame....what im looking for is i guess is a sort of wiring kit that i can use to wire it in since it is now mounted at the rear of the car...
Old 11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
69vettester
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sry guess i should have said that have had it running just remounted the pump since he had it under the hood crappy wired to a toggle that ran through the pass door frame....what im looking for is i guess is a sort of wiring kit that i can use to wire it in since it is now mounted at the rear of the car...
Ah so..Mines the original design so dont have the experience but plenty here do.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

You want it mounted with an ignition source. This way it only runs whe nthe key is in the on position. It is also a good idea to run it through an inertia switch. This way if you get in an accident or hit it will shut down the fuel pump. I run a Ford inertia switch in my fuel injection setup. Small little device that jus tgets wired in. Just a safety device that most all the new cars run. No need for a kit or anything just need a ignition source.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Vtown79Vette
4th Gear

ok yeah i planned on running one i have read alot of post and most people say to install that...now to just find and ing source...new to the vette wiring but i do i have wire diag, and the aim, and another book on it so maybe ill find one easy...
Old 11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

ok yeah i planned on running one i have read alot of post and most people say to install that...now to just find and ing source...new to the vette wiring but i do i have wire diag, and the aim, and another book on it so maybe ill find one easy...
There is one on the fuse block. It will just say IGN and have a spade terminal you can plug into. I ran my inertia switch at the back of the tub right where the wiring harness comes through. Ran the wire from the IGN source back there wired in the switch and ran the wire then through the wire harness plug out to my fuel pump. Ran the ground right to the frame. Easy wire up.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Vtown79Vette
4th Gear

ok cool sounds simple enough......hope i get to here it run again this evening

Get notified of new replies

To Another first C3 post

Quick Reply: Another first C3 post