C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLeod RST versus RXT Twin Disk Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Default McLeod RST versus RXT Twin Disk Clutch

Any comments about these two versions? The RST has organic based clutch facings and the RXT has ceramic. The RST is rated at 800 hp, the RXT at 1000 hp. My concern about buying the RXT for a basically street car is that the RXT is advertised as having a slightly aggressive off-idle clutch lockup feature as compared to the RST. This creates the thought that the RXT might be a little awkward for street use. Any comments? (This time of the year, McLeod is closed).

Is there another twin disk that is also a favorite?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:44 AM
sly vette
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many horsepower are you running and how hard do you intend drive your car?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by sly vette
How many horsepower are you running and how hard do you intend drive your car?
The engine hasn't been built yet. I'm targeting 650 HP right now. I know that points to the RST version. As long as I'm going to buy it I'd consider going for the RXT just for the extra capability. I'll probably have 10 inch street tires and make some not too agressive passes at a drag strip. Manual shifting with a Richmond 5 speed.

(The engine so far has not yet been populated with a cam shaft, rods, and pistons. I'm buying things for the 70 gradually over the years. Major things remaining aside from the engine build: a rear end rebuilt for the higher HP, high HP rated aluminum radiator, Hooker sidepipe headers.)
(about three hours after the above post). Just pulled the trigger on the RST. With a lot of luck, I could get it tomorrow for a New Years weekend project.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 12-30-2010 at 04:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tommyfrc (03-27-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To McLeod RST versus RXT Twin Disk Clutch

Quick Reply: McLeod RST versus RXT Twin Disk Clutch