C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Professional Products, Pro Comp and plain old copies...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:29 AM
77C34SPD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no problem with my Edelbrock tall valve covers . They fit my pro comp heads perfect.. Absolutly no issues with my pro-comp heads,they fit perfect..No issues with my Edelbrock air-gap fitting to the heads.. Name:  Picture 049.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  62.5 KB

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 540 vette
Why don´t you look around your house and tell me how much chinese junk you have in there. And if you say none you are lying.
there is no real way to not have chinese, japanese, taiwanese or any other foreign products in your house, our "leaders" have chased industry off shore with taxing them to death!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Yeah just about everything is made there but whenever I can I want to do my part to support jobs HERE. For me its about doing my part thats all

Noone has to but dont bitch abou the economy or how everything you buy is junk. More you buy the less choices you have YOUR fault.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:26 AM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 569 Likes on 455 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

i have no issue with pro-comp etc get a die grinder and tidy it up a bit.
(which i do with any brand). i do have an issue with ( california ) products, they have done soo much for the car hobby . the emissions regulations that start there and move across the country , the environmental regulations that do nothing but put money into politicians campaigns. the state taxes passed on to the consumer. no , i have less issue with the chinese than some do. i won't however bash Vic Edelbrock, he makes a good product and has done much for the industry and he deserves what he has. his father he and his daughters worked hard to get what they have. i only wish s.e.m.a would have held a harder line against state and federal regulation than to just appease.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM
KevinK
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made in China products is not what has, or is truly hurting the American economy. What's killing us is the fact that there is less and less competition within the various facets of the market. Something like 85% of all industry in this country is owned and controlled by less than 1% of the population. This means that the so called competition that is so vital for a healthy, "free" market, is really just staged, subsidiary companies all owned by the same parent. Couple that to the fact that these days, CEOs are gents that did NOT start low and work their way up, but have their jobs more by virtue of birth rather than true ability, which cuts their attachment to the companies they lead, which tends to lead them to make decisions that value short term gains at the expense of long term viability, all in the name of getting the share price just a littler higher...and if the company and its many lower employees suffer for it? Whatever. The CEO just made themself and the board a couple million more, so who cares about the company, right?

So, yeah. I'll buy from the actual competition, overseas. Sue me.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
augiedoggy
Safety Car

Received 828 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinK
Made in China products is not what has, or is truly hurting the American economy. What's killing us is the fact that there is less and less competition within the various facets of the market. Something like 85% of all industry in this country is owned and controlled by less than 1% of the population. This means that the so called competition that is so vital for a healthy, "free" market, is really just staged, subsidiary companies all owned by the same parent. Couple that to the fact that these days, CEOs are gents that did NOT start low and work their way up, but have their jobs more by virtue of birth rather than true ability, which cuts their attachment to the companies they lead, which tends to lead them to make decisions that value short term gains at the expense of long term viability, all in the name of getting the share price just a littler higher...and if the company and its many lower employees suffer for it? Whatever. The CEO just made themself and the board a couple million more, so who cares about the company, right?

So, yeah. I'll buy from the actual competition, overseas. Sue me.
we have a winner!
Look at home paints for example.... one company ones like 10 competing brands.... its like a game of monopoly only were getting towards the end of the game when there's only a couple players left.
I've seen this in the industry I've worked it for years.... that and one brand selling the competitors product rebranded as their own.... Example Epson /Seiko printers sold as HP printers Xerox selling Samsung ,Fuji and Kip products under their own name... Its just a marketing game to buy older highly respected names and close the factories and exploit the name to make as much as possible while burning it to the ground then buying another company to dismantle.. sad part is most of these crooks are in that "1% " of AMERICANS..... more power to the Chinese for selling the stuff direct.... at least this way the problem becomes more exposed and more people are enlightened....

Last edited by augiedoggy; 06-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
sweeet76
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't care who buys what where. Our own government borrows money from communist China and when we can't pay it back, they will come calling. I do have an issue with some of their products, such as sheet rock with lead in it, coming into our country. My daughter and son in law built a house 5 years ago and just today, had to buy their 3rd air conditioner because of the lead. All of the wiring in the circuit breaker box is black. Its going to cost upwards of 100,000.00 to have all of the sheet rock replaced and pack their belongings and move for 6 months while all of this is done. Our government doesn't give a damn as long as China keeps writing the USA a check.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:30 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 569 Likes on 455 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

They would put people in jail if th drywall were made in this country
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM
augiedoggy
Safety Car

Received 828 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by sweeet76
Personally, I don't care who buys what where. Our own government borrows money from communist China and when we can't pay it back, they will come calling. I do have an issue with some of their products, such as sheet rock with lead in it, coming into our country. My daughter and son in law built a house 5 years ago and just today, had to buy their 3rd air conditioner because of the lead. All of the wiring in the circuit breaker box is black. Its going to cost upwards of 100,000.00 to have all of the sheet rock replaced and pack their belongings and move for 6 months while all of this is done. Our government doesn't give a damn as long as China keeps writing the USA a check.
Truth is no one is without blame its just the way things are... we send our lead and mercury to third world countries in giant containers so little kids can sort through it and peasents can melt it down with no safety equipment..we send our old ships to India.to be ran aground and cut up on a beach...I read recently that the US government has even recently been caught selling the ships to a dummy company to get around proper disposal costs by having them disposed of in this way by barefoot workers in deplorable conditions....everything is dumped in the water or on the beach.
And we were no saints to china when Britain and the US sold them opiates basically crippling their whole country almost a century ago.

Quick Reply: Professional Products, Pro Comp and plain old copies...