C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front inner wheel bearing fit-pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by bhk2
Mike, after twisting the bearing around I found a sweet spot that allowed it to move inward and rest against the spindle's collar(?) I am a one-day old student of spindle anatomy and it probably has a different name. Anyway, the bearing is now correctly seated--it is the loose race, identified by mds 3013, needing attention.

Thanks for the help and to all who chimed to suppport my stance as a learner. Bruce

This pic shows the bearing properly seated. DO NOT GRIND YOUR SPINDLE or bearing. Nothing is wrong.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Problem solved

DO NOT GRIND YOUR SPINDLE or bearing. Nothing is wrong.[/QUOTE]

The new hub and rotor ordered for a 69 from CC does not fit my 69.
Placing the other hub and rotor on the spindle fit perfectly, but I kept trying to fit the new one on without success. I did not grind the spindle. The aha moment came when trying to put the outer bearing in and it was perfect on the old hub.

Hope CC will provide a replace/refund.

Thanks to all who contributed to my understanding and helping me out. I almost had the project completed as everything else is done: all ca bushings, all ball joints, both springs, shocks and control arm links.
I sure appreciate everyone
Old 02-26-2012, 01:13 PM
StingrayLust
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm curious as to what the backside looks like.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
tracdogg2
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

There are no new hubs for vettes. You will have to get a used one.
Mike
Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
JohnRR
Burning Brakes

Received 278 Likes on 186 Posts

Wilwood has a new aluminum hub, 2-piece rotor, and aluminum caliper for the C3. It also reduces the weight by 18 lbs. per wheel.

John
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks to all! Tonight, my first freeway 70+ mph drive and I have a new car-the floating gone, stays straight and no vibration. Appreciate all who helped me along on my first major project--at least it was more involved than the new gas tank.

whoo hoo!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM
David.Shaw
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I small twist to this thread. Behind the wheel seal, have any of you guys ever found a small felt gasket...setting behind. I cannot find it on any of the parts diagrams I have or the assembly book. Is this thing supposed to be there? If so Where do I get the part? It does not show up in any of the bearing kits I have ever ordered.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:04 PM
kjr6306
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This was recently discussed.....I just took the old ones out and made some new ones out of gasket material....trace the old ones and cut with scissors. the old material was almost like 40lb roofing felt paper.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 AM
David.Shaw
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr6306
This was recently discussed.....I just took the old ones out and made some new ones out of gasket material....trace the old ones and cut with scissors. the old material was almost like 40lb roofing felt paper.
Can you point me to the old discussion? I have been unable to find. I am trying to find out if there is an actual part or what happens if this gasket is not there? What is the purpose?

Quick Reply: Front inner wheel bearing fit-pics