C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swappers. Help with Radiator hose

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default LS swappers. Help with Radiator hose

The upper should be no problem. Seems like an 1 1/4 hose kind of in a Z should work. I took a coat hanger and bent it to what I need and will see what we can match up at the parts store. The lower is a 1 1/2 and is pretty short. My probelm is the spreader bar is right in the way of the outlet. My outlet comes straight out and no I cannot run anything else. The LS3 is different and this water neck was tough enough to find. I have thought about making a different bracket raising the spreader bar slightly to clear the hose. What have you guys run for hoses or are you just finding one that fits.

On a side note the belt I need is a long one. It is 98 inches long or like 2380 mm long. That is a little over 8 feet.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 AM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My spreader bar was also interfering with the lower hose. I cut a 90 degree piece out of a rubber hose with one side long enough to come down below the spreader bar. I attached a flexible metal hose to that and ran it down to the radiator fitting. My radiator is a Dewitt's replacement for the original small block/no AC radiator so this solution may not work at all for your radiator.

Rick B.

Quick Reply: LS swappers. Help with Radiator hose