C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Power Steering Reservoir install location, please show me your pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Remote Power Steering Reservoir install location, please show me your pics...

For those that have installed a remote power steering reservoir, would love to see pics of where you mounted it and how you routed the hoses...

Here's a picture of the Billet Specialities I need to install (9" tall, 3" OD)...

Thanks much

Rogman
Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Any issues with mounting the reservoir on the passenger side of the firewall??? Probably need to lower it just a smidge for hood closure, but in this general area...

Lines from the reservoir would be run behind the engine, but would be 3.5 to 5 feet long... Thought I read something to not go over 2-3 feet somewhere on the web... Don’t know why you can’t go longer than 3 feet, anyone???

Thanks much

Rogman
Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
73sbvert
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Dunno but I'm going to watch this because I want to do the same thing.

:popcorn:
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

please send that engine and reservoir to me, and when I get all the bugs worked out, location, etc, (shouldnt take mor'n 5-6 years) I'll send it back....mabey
Old 03-23-2012, 09:28 AM
rogman16
Drifting

Originally Posted by oldalaskaman
please send that engine and reservoir to me, and when I get all the bugs worked out, location, etc, (shouldnt take mor'n 5-6 years) I'll send it back....mabey
Only if you can align my front wheels during the return!!

Rogman
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I actually started out in a front end and brake shop , doing alignments ....40 plus years ago
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Crump
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogman16
Any issues with mounting the reservoir on the passenger side of the firewall??? Probably need to lower it just a smidge for hood closure, but in this general area...

Lines from the reservoir would be run behind the engine, but would be 3.5 to 5 feet long... Thought I read something to not go over 2-3 feet somewhere on the web... Don’t know why you can’t go longer than 3 feet, anyone???

Thanks much

Rogman
Where did you get pulley system and did reservoir
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crump
Where did you get pulley system and did reservoir
Pulley system is a March Performance Corvette Revolver... Think I got from Jegs.com... Will finish up the reservoir connection next week...

Thanks much

Rogman
Old 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Crump
Intermediate

Pulley system is a March Performance Corvette Revolver... Think I got from Jegs.com... Will finish up the reservoir connection next week...

Thanks much

Rogman
10-04 I just got off the phone with MARCH looking like 3K for system seems a little pricey but I ain't found nothing cheap yet for a 69 small block
Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM
brando1118
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks much

Rogman
Hijacking the thread and I don't care, LOL>
Rogman,
Where did you get that handy cluster of high/low A/C line and inlet/outlet heater hose assembly? That looks really good!!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Crump
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brando1118
Rogman,
Where did you get that handy cluster of high/low A/C line and inlet/outlet heater hose assembly? That looks really good!!
Sorry I did a search and this is where I ended up new to forum and don't know rules just searching for answers on these pulley systems
I found a great system from Angus racing in Florida for a v belt 1K so I may go that way, they were not sure if it would fit but looking at pics I think it will and 2K cheaper
Old 04-14-2014, 03:39 PM
rogman16
Drifting

10-04 I just got off the phone with MARCH looking like 3K for system seems a little pricey but I ain't found nothing cheap yet for a 69 small block
Yepper, it was pricey... I got my mine for $1800 with military discount, and yes, it hurt!!!

Originally Posted by brando1118
Rogman,
Billet Specialties:

http://www.billetspecialties.com/coo...ac-and-heater/

Rogman
Old 05-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Crump
Intermediate

Did you get everything up and running? I am about to start Monday on my 69 and looks like the Revolver is all I can find that will work,I looked at the Angus system but am afraid of fitment issues.Did the location of reservoir work and have you had heat or electrical issues? some threads state overheating and that 140 alt needed if you run electric fan.Please post pics and looks like you are running AC like me did you relocate evaporator coil?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:23 AM
rogman16
Drifting

Did you get everything up and running? I am about to start Monday on my 69 and looks like the Revolver is all I can find that will work,I looked at the Angus system but am afraid of fitment issues.Did the location of reservoir work and have you had heat or electrical issues? some threads state overheating and that 140 alt needed if you run electric fan.Please post pics and looks like you are running AC like me did you relocate evaporator coil?
Crump, I did get it running, thanks... The remote reservoir works like a champ where I mounted... Only have about 5-6 miles on her, so although I haven't had any issues yet, still need to shake her down... AC is not hooked up yet, but evaporator will be inside the car... Will get some new pictures posted up and soon as car gets her in Germany!!!

Rogman
Old 05-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Crump
Intermediate

Crump, I did get it running, thanks... The remote reservoir works like a champ where I mounted... Only have about 5-6 miles on her, so although I haven't had any issues yet, still need to shake her down... AC is not hooked up yet, but evaporator will be inside the car... Will get some new pictures posted up and soon as car gets her in Germany!!!

Rogman
Thanks did your lines come ordered from March or did you just get them made locally.My biggest concern on mine is relocating the reservoir not many places leaving ac and heater core where they are did yours have AC from factory or is your coil inside because it is aftermarket air? I really like the cleaner firewall
Old 05-17-2014, 09:43 AM
rogman16
Drifting

Thanks did your lines come ordered from March or did you just get them made locally.My biggest concern on mine is relocating the reservoir not many places leaving ac and heater core where they are did yours have AC from factory or is your coil inside because it is aftermarket air? I really like the cleaner firewall
My Vette had factory AC, but decided to go with a Vintage Air (VA) unit... VA units have the evaporator inside the car... So I fiberglassed the old AC opening in an attempt to get a cleaner firewall... I bought 10 feet of 6AN and 10AN PS hose, and had the local Hose Supplier cut/crimp on the ends with their industrial strength equipment...

Rogman
Old 05-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Crump
Intermediate

Thanks I am not taking body off since I have a lift in shop and I can do all on engine tranny etc I am not a body man but thanks for heads up on hoses March are $210.00 and that with revolver reservoir got me up to $2700.00 I am trying to stay on a budget but have not been to successful haha but looks like I can save a hundred here.
Taking off next week to get engine etc out and soda blast frame etc
I really appreciate your help

Get notified of new replies

To Remote Power Steering Reservoir install location, please show me your pics...

Old 12-22-2014, 07:59 AM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

on my 71 big block
Old 12-22-2014, 04:45 PM
chevymans 77
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 105 Likes on 95 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'11,'13-'14,'16,'18,'19

that setup looks familiar gator

Neal
Old 12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chevymans 77
that setup looks familiar gator

Neal
that's the March system I did a few years ago, got the car back from paint Friday so hopefully will be driving in a month or so. finally after 9 years

Quick Reply: Remote Power Steering Reservoir install location, please show me your pics...