C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPI swap with a modern twist

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
MikeKey
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, hate to dig this up. How has this worked out. It's been a few months since your last post. I still have my TPI unit sitting on the shelf, and with my engine rebuild under way I'm thinking about doing this with a TPiS mini-ram, possibly.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
moonsteel
Holley HP EFI w/TPI
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been awhile because the vette has been in storage for the winter
I'm very happy with it.
If you want to know anything specific, ask away.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeKey
So, hate to dig this up. How has this worked out. It's been a few months since your last post. I still have my TPI unit sitting on the shelf, and with my engine rebuild under way I'm thinking about doing this with a TPiS mini-ram, possibly.
The Miniram is a good intake, been running one on my 383 a little over a year now...very happy with it I am using a FAST EZ EFI unit although I'm sure other fuel management systems will work just fine.
Lots of good info on these intakes over in the C4 section as well as the ThirdGen Camaro forum

Moonsteel...good thread I installed a TPI unit on my 85 GMC pick-up a number of years back, fun project though it definitely helped that my neighbor was a parts guy at the local GM dealership
Old 05-30-2013, 10:28 AM
moonsteel
Holley HP EFI w/TPI
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the EZ-EFI TPI version as well, I went with the Holley HP EFI because it can control timing.
Now that they've added traction control, I'm itching to try it out....if only I could get it past Purchase & Acquisition

Quick Reply: TPI swap with a modern twist