C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

revised: help needed identifying vac advance can specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Rich's'78
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default revised: help needed identifying vac advance can specs

Thanks Lars and Scotty. I failed to mention that this is not the stock distributer - it is an Accel unit that takes the longer reach "arm". The engine is not stock either and I want to set the initial at 14* with 16* vac advance at 12". Cruise manifold vac is 15". The VC1765 has the advance I want but the short reach arm, so the parts guy said the VC301 had the same specs but the longer arm I need for this distributer.
Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

Cannt tell from this what the prior exchange was but if you are using an Accel distributor, and there appear to be quite a few to chose from for your application, how will a vacuum advance can for a Delco distributor fit?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich's'78
Thanks Lars and Scotty. I failed to mention that this is not the stock distributer - it is an Accel unit that takes the longer reach "arm". The engine is not stock either and I want to set the initial at 14* with 16* vac advance at 12". Cruise manifold vac is 15". The VC1765 has the advance I want but the short reach arm, so the parts guy said the VC301 had the same specs but the longer arm I need for this distributer.
Thanks again.
So, you need a vac can with the same specs as a B20, but The HEI style?
Well, once Lars sends you his paper on vacuum advance control units, go down toward the end of the paper and check out the HEI control units. I think you will find that the VC1853 has very similar specs to the VC1765.

Keep the shiny side up!
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To revised: help needed identifying vac advance can specs

Quick Reply: revised: help needed identifying vac advance can specs