C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac/heater control switch vac hose which goes to which plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:02 AM
baby blue 78
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ac/heater control switch vac hose which goes to which plug

After replacing the heater core and installing new vac lines to the ac/heater controller I must have the vac lines hooked up wrong as a lot of air noise and the heater core door is not opening. Tested the vac diaphragm and it is working , can someone provide a clear pic of position of colored vac lines. The pic I have does not seem to match the vac nubs on back of controller when trying to line up the number port with colored vac hose? Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 AM
xkeots
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baby blue 78
After replacing the heater core and installing new vac lines to the ac/heater controller I must have the vac lines hooked up wrong as a lot of air noise and the heater core door is not opening. Tested the vac diaphragm and it is working , can someone provide a clear pic of position of colored vac lines. The pic I have does not seem to match the vac nubs on back of controller when trying to line up the number port with colored vac hose? Thanks
Go to Willcox corvette, they have a color diagram of the system and lots of other Vette info there and they sell parts
Also remember(I just did it on my 77) that there are 5 holes but only 4 hoses connect to switch. One is blocked off.
If all holes have hoses then the switch itself is leaking
I learned the hard way, I bought 2 of the vacuum switches from dealers and they all leaked even packed with grease
I finally found a nos one on EBay for under 20.00
My system is now like new and no more hissing
I also replaced all the vacuum hoses and traced every one with a mighty vac first

Good luck
Jack
77 c3

Quick Reply: Ac/heater control switch vac hose which goes to which plug