C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Ulummni please advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Robert Butler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Ulummni please advise

Gentlemen, once again I come to you for assistance. Can anyone tell me if I can buy a ready made rug for my C3 that covers the tunnel ? I'm thinking a Camaro rug possibly . This rescued
race/donor car had been so modified/cut that I would never be able to return it to stock so I am going with a stripped down interior . Have to as it has no consol , AC, radio , heater , etc. Hell if it isn't fast as lightning though.

Thank you again.

Robert gryffon8356@hotmail.com
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
johnt365
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like you are in the custom realm now. All the preformed carpet sets I have seen have a 2 piece front. Basically one for each side and it tucks under the console.

You should try to post a pic of what your interior looks like in that area and that may help give someone an idea to help.

Is your goal to keep it a race off road car or are you trying to make it a street car again? One of the best things about these cars is that almost every piece can be purchased in the aftermarket, like the missing console, ac, radio, heater etc.

Last edited by johnt365; 01-10-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

To know what year your working on might help, as the carpet sets vary some, depending on the year. In reality though, your probably better off having a local auto upholstery shop, make up a carpet for you.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

The Auto Upholstery shop I use, uses steam to fit the tunnels on their custom cars. No Problem. Have a great day. Gene
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Robert Butler
...Can anyone tell me if I can buy a ready made rug for my C3 that covers the tunnel?...
Not to my knowledge. Ready made Corvette carpet will, of course, be left and right fronts and will not cover the console area.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Ulummni please advise

Quick Reply: Corvette Ulummni please advise