C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YearOne 350 Parts List Request

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default YearOne 350 Parts List Request

All,

I know this particular block has been commented on before, but I was hoping someone could provide me with a complete list of every component I’ll need to buy and/or modify in order to install the YearOne 350 crate motor (https://www.yearone.com/Product/1953...vette/ct350pc1). I have seen various specific questions, but not a comprehensive list and many unanswered questions on the board. A detailed, complete list would be greatly appreciated. I’m assuming most of you swap engine mounts too, even though it’s not usually mentioned as a required part?

I have a 1973 coupe, automatic, with a/c, power steering, etc. The current block in the car is original and I believe the transmission is, but I haven’t checked the stamp on it yet. I would like to retain as much of the current equipment as possible to save money for the time being.

For reference, my only engine pulling/rebuilding experience was about 14 years ago (when I was 16) and I didn’t retain much at that age.

Thanks as always!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,810 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Did you ask them if the oil pan they use fits a Corvette?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
Did you ask them if the oil pan they use fits a Corvette?
Here's what I got back from them today:

"The intake manifold installed on this engine does not work with the stock hood. This may be a deal killer but here is some more info whcih comes to mind. This block is similar to your existing so it will bolt right in. You'll probably have to swap the oil pan and pickup. You'll have to cut down 2 of the timing cover bolts to clear the water pump. You'll need a distributor with a melonized gear or swap the gear on your distributor to a melonized gear. If your starter has the straight across bolt pattern you'll need to obtain a starter with a staggered bolt pattern. Accessories and brackets should fit."

Get notified of new replies

To YearOne 350 Parts List Request

Quick Reply: YearOne 350 Parts List Request