C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valance and hood air intakes

Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 AM
vettestu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valance and hood air intakes

Fabed up some air intakes for the valance and hood. Just used some sheet steel from the construction dumpster. The nose also shows the removed 5 mph bumperettes and license surround. The hood fresh air intake has a lip over the radiator frame, a tunnel formed by the hood spear and a sheet of steel and a fence around the air cleaner. Mill is a 355, RV cam, fuelie heads, msd ignition, headers and side pipes and a 750 Holly.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Learning_Curve
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Like it.

Have any more pictures of the bumper mod? Is that a fiberglass bumper or the original urethane?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 PM
vettestu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's the original. I cut out the offending urethane and replaced it with like from a Mustang (ha ha ha!) backed up seams with mesh, plastic welds and 2x2" squares of urethane set with "superglue". Filled in the joints with Permetex rubber bumper repair. When i get it back off I'll shoot some pics of inside et al. I had to trim the backing honeycomb rubber and dump the bumper with metal backing plate to make it fit.

Last edited by vettestu; 03-11-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Learning_Curve
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Please do. I've been wanting to do something similar, and I was planning on ditching my cover for a fiberglass version to make it happen. If I can follow in your footsteps I can save a couple of hundred.

Get notified of new replies

To valance and hood air intakes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: valance and hood air intakes