C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help identifying plugs under dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 PM
corvettesummer79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help identifying plugs under dash

Ok guys looking for some help. 1979 L82. I have a female receptacle plug under the dash not connected. It has a red a black and a white wire. I think it comes from the cruise transducer but not sure. Does anyone know where or what it plugs into.
I also have a male blade plug consisting of two green wires and a blue wire. This plug is also not connected. I am thinking this could be
part of the a/c circuit but not sure where or what it plugs into.
There is also a vacuum hose under the dash that is not connected it is taped to the red black and white plug I think this plugs into the cruise disconnect switch behind the brake pedal
I am trying to get the cruise working the transducer has 3 blades the connector has only 2 with 2 wires. the transducer doesn't have a ground wire. Should I ground it from the transducer casing or from the 3rd blade? Does anyone know which circuit the cruise control is on so I can check the fuse. Anyone with experience or any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 AM
1986coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a site with wiring diagrams that might help you. Get the one for your car and hopefully nobody has modified your wiring so the colors will match.

http://www.keystonestatecorvetteclub...ng%20diagrams/
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM
corvettesummer79
Instructor

I really appreciate you trying to help me. I looked them over I also have the wiring diagrams from papawana on this forum they aren't helping much with these problems.
I know nothing has been modified they were just unplugged from where they were.
I need someone who knows about the connections under the dash or else I need to look under another 1979 corvette and see how things are hooked up. taking some digital pictures would help thanks I can usually fix anything but its really tight under there and I have nothing to go by
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

FWIW: the assembly instruction manual (AIM) shows where everything plugs up, including options like cruise control.

79 dash harnesses are probably universal. Depending upon options, you may find harness connectors which are not plugged up to anything and not used on your car.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 PM
corvettesummer79
Instructor

where could I look at an assembly manual?

Get notified of new replies

To help identifying plugs under dash

Quick Reply: help identifying plugs under dash