C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 PM
skibum1106
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 exhaust

I am sure there is a thread for this somewhere but figure ill just ask. I was going to get magnaflow cat back and be done with it. But than I was thinking about getting side exhaust. My question is if I was going to get side exhaust which kind and what type of headers? The kind the stick out the side or the type where it all remains under the hood. Also if anyone installed them any advice would be helpful in that area also

Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Vettegineer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 78, and yes it's a good easy upgrade that will improve performance--but you need to look at what you have for guys to give you good answers. You may already have some upgrades--I did. Do you have the L48,L82, or a swap motor? Do you have the original CAT? Do you live in a state where you need to stay legal with emissions?

You will have more luck getting answers if you are more specific!

My 78 is in a 1000 pieces just now LOL, so I know all of the parts now!

Headers of any type will help, most of the Vette shops will sell you a nice setup--Mid-America Motorworks sold me a nice simple setup as one of my first mods.

Quick Reply: 1978 exhaust