Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

Share Your C3 Upgraded Wheel/Tire Combo's

Old 03-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Metalhead140
CF Senior Member

Love the new wheels bluegtp. Not something you see often, they look great.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Krystal
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PaPaPork View Post
HI Krystal, if you were going for chrome look why did.you paint the lower rocker panel area black? You could be able to buy a set used from someone installing sidepipes (thats another option to make the chrome wheels look a bit more in place) another option is chrome mirrors and ofcourse keep.the rear tailights stock ( no "choked" out bubble lenses).

I.think your car with "chrome" rockers and mirrors would look more in place of youre going for that look and the investment is tiny (compared to chrome bumper conversion and/or sidepipes)

Anyhow just my $.05. When it comes to some options you have. The brushed aluminum rocker panel cover is visually connecting front and rear wheels, in your car its black so that connection is missing and your car looks "wheel swapped"
I suppose I could do Chrome rockers from a couple years earlier.... might look pretty good though I'm not sure it'd be enough. As for why I painted them? I didn't. This is the color they were when the car was new in 1979.

A lot has changed on this car over the years, not much of anything original is still on the car or in it so it's not as if I'd have any problem with the idea swapping out the rocker panels.......the mirrors are another story though. I really doubt I'd like the "look" of the car as much with the older style mirrors.

Last edited by Krystal; 03-13-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
akdale
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by davidbii View Post

New shoes... 17x8 with 4" Backspacing on the fronts running Nitto 555 255/50ZR17 and 18x9.5 with 5" backspacing on the rear running Nitto 555 285/40ZR18's. I ended up putting on 1/4" spacers on the rear to clear the e-brake cable. I needed to remove the e-brake brackets as well. They will be relocated to the top of the Trailing Arm, and at that point, I will probably be able to get away with no spacers.
Opinion on the Nittos? One of the options I am looking at

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Share Your C3 Upgraded Wheel/Tire Combo's

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: