C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on wiring up C7 seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 10:24 AM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Need help on wiring up C7 seats

So here I go again bringing my C3 project to the C2 board. I'm installing C7 seats in my C3. I did the something similar to my C2, using C5 seats. The electronics are much advanced and I'm lost.

I've removed all bottom motor/seat tracks but kept the back motors. The back is totally controlled by the motors, and therefore won't move. The seat is setting on about a 45 degree angle, the wrong way.

I need help figuring out what to do. So I've got the wiring schematics, but I can't seem to figure out what to do. I need help. Here are the schematics.

Here are two pics that show the control module (box with "P") and the primary electrical connector to the seat (red)

I tried to put fused power to several connectors with a ground back to the battery but I got nothing. I'm trying to test this thing on a bench. I think I need to power several connections, but I'm not sure. I'm way out of my lead here. On the C7 board I was told the following:

" in the top left corner are two terminals labelled B+ . That's the 12V DC - it goes through some fuses and enters the K40D seat memory control module at connector X1, terminals X1 and X2.

I'd start with fused 12V connected there, and ground at connector X2 terminal 5."

I want to try and get the recline feature to work because without it, I cant get the seatback to move. It appears that the seat movement is 100% driven by the motors, and until there is power, they won't move.

All help is appreciated.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:13 AM
66since71
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those schematics are why I have a C2! Sorry I can't help, but...

If the C7 seats include side impact airbags, get them professionally removed before you do anything else. They can send you for a nice stay in the hospital, if you accidentally set one off.

After that, Like youre doing, I'd just find and isolate the drive motors for each seat function, and forget about trying to keep all of the memory functions and limit switches. (seat back is lower right corner of second schematic)

Harry

Last edited by 66since71; 04-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Got the seat recline to work. Now I need to figure out the seat fan. I need to put power to it.

Any ideas since I don't have the control module?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:16 AM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Bump

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on wiring up C7 seats

Quick Reply: Need help on wiring up C7 seats