C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t top weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 PM
pnewt
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Default t top weatherstrip

Just finished putting new door glass in my 68 and the t top weatherstrip that the top of the glass rests on is very worn and leaves a couple gaps.. Do I fix this by replacing the T top weatherstrip or just by replacing the outer t top seal? I see both offered for sale but don't know if outer seal is all I need. Thanks Paul
Old 04-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi pn,
It really depends if the other 3 sides of the roof panel weatherstrip is in good condition or not.
Are the ends of the weatherstrip that will remain in good enough condition that they will make a good connection and seal with the new piece you'll install?
Regards,
Alan
Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 AM
pnewt
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Default t top

Good point Alan.The remaining pieces in the t tops look fine and seal well. The outer portion looks distorted and doesnt fall evenly across the door glass.. Seems like the rear section has shrunk some. I think I'll go for the outer pieces now and when I completely re do the t tops( hardware etc and paint) I'll replace the entire weatherstrip. I wasn't sure if the outer pieces were usable by themselves.. Thanks Paul

Get notified of new replies

To t top weatherstrip

Quick Reply: t top weatherstrip