C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 11:37 AM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ?

I'am getting ready to install a electric fan on my 76 how do you install the thermostat for the fan I bought the kind that gets the temp from the intake.The summit sales man says to use a hole already in the manifold instead of drilling one but I don't see anything that would work only the ported vac switch for the heat and this goes to my egr valve anyways .I don't want to drill a hole in my intake because of metal filings going inside and theres no way I'am taking it back off the car just to drill a hole Iam sure somebody out there has ran into this Thanks. Carver (slo rde)
Old 08-05-2002, 11:40 AM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ? (SLO RDE)

My temp sensor/switch has 3/8" NPT thread. My intake has a 3/8" NPT threaded hole next to the thermastat area.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:32 PM
john's '81 mouse
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ? (SLO RDE)

each head has a hole / plug into waterjacket area, located between and below spark plugs on #s1 & 3 and #s 6 & 8.

Normally engine temp sending unit is located on drivers side and passenger side is location for sending unit for later model C3s equipped with electric supplemental radiator fan.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:49 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default Re: Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ? (john's '81 mouse)

I went to Schucks and bought a thermostat housing with holes for sensors. Had two holes so I had to plug one. Works great and cost all of about $10.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ?

Quick Reply: Whats the low down for electric fan thermostat install ?