C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 04:47 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! ***

Just finished installing the engine and tranny back on the frame. As in my previous thread I mentioned that the custom made oil pan was approx 2" too deep so it needed to be notched a little. I got the oil pan back yesterday, but it was too late at night to start working on the car so I did it today. I installed the oilpan, put the poly motor mounts on and the lifted the engine on the frame, good news, it now cleared everything!

Then it was time to install the clutch and bell housing etc, one of my friends came out to help me and with his help we managed to get it in place, it still sits on temporary support, I'll have the custom made tranny bracket made by tomorrow then it's time to put the body back on!

I still need your expertise and wisdom on how to install the clutch linkage, since my car is original automatic car it don't have any hole for the Z-bar bracket. If any of you guys have pics of one installed on 79 I would be greatful for those.

I also took the Stahl's out of their box just to check if they would clear everything, like the new r&p kit, new front suspension etc, and.... They sure did! These are the best quality headers I've ever seen in BB vette, so if you're thinking about getting side pipes for your BB check out Stahls before anything else.

I'll have pics by the end of the week about the installation, till then Thank you guys for keeping me going this far! :cheers:

Jay
Old 08-05-2002, 09:09 PM
69 N.O.X. RATT
Safety Car

Location: Pettis Performance 565 with two stages of Nitrous Supply nitrous 1.082, 4.61 at 155, 7.17 at 192
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! *** (groovyjay)

That is great Jay, you have a very cool big block car.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Scott78
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! *** (69 N.O.X. RATT)

Sounds great, wow what a list of mods :cheers:

Scott
Old 08-06-2002, 04:50 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! *** (groovyjay)

Great news Jay! :cheers: Good to hear that the project is starting to take the final shape. I guess you are not coming with vette to meeting next weekend? Maybe to the race day in September?
Old 08-06-2002, 08:07 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Jay that's AWESOME ! Your making some good progress :yesnod: . Do keep us updated ;) .
Old 08-07-2002, 10:13 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! *** (69 N.O.X. RATT)

69 N.O.X. RATT: thanks man, I really hope it stays cool with the new Vintage Air A/C system installed :lol:

Scott78: :cheers: I should update the list of mods it's at least twice as long now!

FinnShark: Thanks. Nope Vette stays in the garage, but still gonna be there on Saturday to see you guys and do some serious go-karting! :lol: Next goal is to be ready for the race day, fingers grossed: I'll be there!!! :D

SmokedTires: Thanks, I always have few second moment of silence whenever I see your car it's just so awesome!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:35 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks Jay, my car will pale in comparison to yours when it's done :yesnod: . I need to repaint the car to fix some of the flaws but it still looks pretty good when going down the street :D .

Get notified of new replies

To *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! ***

Quick Reply: *** Success, engine and tranny went back on the frame after 2 years! ***