C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 alignment results this AM

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:30 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default 82 alignment results this AM

So after changing out the Trailing Arms, and getting everything back together, had my appointment at the dealer with the tech who does my alignments.
Had an extra set of shims and cotter pins to use if needed, and they came to good use. He spent a good 2 hours or so getting the alignment in specs. Of course the rear was done first and took the longest, and the front was a piece of cake as only the toe needed adjustment. And that was due to me from putting the rear suspension back together and adding shims to the right inboard area of the TA, where there weren't any shims before.

So here we go......
Before Measurements...
LF Camber 0.1* RF Camber 0.2*
LF Caster 3.5* RF Caster 3.3*
LF Toe 0.21* RF Toe 0.32*
..................Total Toe 0.52*..........
..................Steer Ahead -0.05*........

LR Camber -0.4* RR Camber 1.4*
LR Toe -0.15* RR Toe -0.73*
...................Total Toe -0.88*........
...................Thrust angle 0.29*......

After Measurements...
LR & RF Camber no change
LF & RF Caster no change
LF Toe 0.25* RF Toe 0.21*
.................Total Toe 0.46*.............
.................Steer Ahead 0.02*........

LR Camber 0.1* RR Camber 0.0*
LR Toe 0.01* RR Toe 0.03*
...................Total Toe 0.03*............
...................Thrust angle -0.01*.......

The 82 feels good, but still have that "clicking clunk" sound at times and a new squealing noise which I found out happens when you lean on the back of the car and push up and down. Happens on both sides, so the shock grommets, (or the shocks themselves may be on their way out) and other items may need some lube.
We shall see the road brings later on the way to work, glad it all done for now............... Tom

Last edited by 74 LS4-454; 06-01-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:13 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

First ride back & forth to work with the new tires and the alignment correctly set. What a pleasure!!! Takes the bumps real good, that also has to do with going with all rubber cushions in the rear spring as opposed to poly on the top and rubber on the bottom. Making the change seemed to make a big difference.
The new BF Goodrich TA's appear to be quite an improvement (since Michelin now owns them) from the last set that just came off the car. Steering response is quick, just goes where you point it, also have
30 lbs pressure in all tires.
Overall very happy with the results......
Old 06-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I had my alignment done about a month ago because the rears just looked like they were very much tilting in - I think that is the camber? Don't have paperwork in front of me but I remember it being about -3.5 or about that. Now, set at 0. Almost looks odd after so long out of spec. Drives mo betta!
Old 06-12-2015, 10:32 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Larry82
I had my alignment done about a month ago because the rears just looked like they were very much tilting in - I think that is the camber? Don't have paperwork in front of me but I remember it being about -3.5 or about that. Now, set at 0. Almost looks odd after so long out of spec. Drives mo betta!
Yea, it's really great when you get everything into spec, what a difference. Another item that I need to check closer is that the car seems to pull to the right at times. It also did it with the old tires, so I need to check to see if the steering control valve is set properly. I will get things sorted out, but again what a pleasure to drive......
Old 06-13-2015, 04:55 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

I am extremely happy, happy, happy,
since my steering was pulling to the right going down the highway before and after alignment, figured out something wasn't right. Thought the PS control valve was out of adjustment and confirmed that after reading some threads.
Well just made the adjustment a few minutes ago, did it twice to make sure and let me tell you going down the road at any speed and letting go of the wheel, it tracks perfectly straight.
And I had set my steering wheel myself at the alignment shop and it was slightly off to the right going down the road after the alignment, even though it was positioned straight. Well after the PS control valve adjustment, the steering wheel is also now perfectly straight.
Can't get better than that, its the simple things that make me smile
The more I do to the 82, the easier putting back the 74 becomes......whenever I get around to it....
What a great Saturday afternoon!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 82 alignment results this AM

Quick Reply: 82 alignment results this AM