C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FiTech Go EFI Review

Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Dynra Rockets
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by 71bbc
why not using in line pump, get a piece of hydramat from holley and plumb feed line in to it and lay it down in tank? To me this will eliminate chance of "not seeing" gas when it's low. Then use existing feed/return hard lines to run TB. What you guys think...
I'm no FiTech expert but I have been playing with fuel injection for 30 years now and am quite comfortable with it. The nice thing about the Command Center is it is engineered with the proper flow rate, pressure and line sizes. bolt in a start driving. The down side is the price.

If you have the knowledge and skills to engineer your own solution then go for it. I have a box of fuel injection parts from past projects (pumps, regulators, etc) and I will also be engineering my own fuel delivery system this coming winter.

Last edited by Dynra Rockets; 04-09-2017 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sosugrad (10-29-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 344 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I have had the Fitech 600hp power adder system with FCC on my '79 for over 4,000 miles now without a hitch. I think most of the original issues with the FCC were due to the PWM settings overheating the pump - there's now notes included in the instructions for setting this correctly. Mine runs great, and hasn't given me any problems, still hasn't seen a dyno. I do drive it too, this was a Hillclimb event yesterday. I'm still getting the hang of driving this car, I did get smoother and quicker on later runs, but forgot to turn on the camera...

Domobomb (04-15-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 PM
SpeedRacerMach
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by garym52
i have the th350 tranny and the kick down/throttle cable bracket that is original to my car will no longer work. I was wondering which bracket you guys that have already installed the unit used?
I have a 79 with th350 tranny also and thinking about adding the fitech efi. ever get a response on relocating or bracket for the original kick down/throttle cable?
Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 PM
bld20
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitech problems

Originally Posted by rel3rd
Same reasons as you cite. I was hoping for at least a little more MPG, if possible. Keyword= Hoping...

My rich smell is/was still there with the EFI, so that didn't happen for me. My cam has 83 degrees of overlap, so not much of a chance of smelling "clean" no matter what...

Now throttle response?? That was awesome!

What I really did, and do look forward to, is dragstrip numbers...

I know what the car runs in just about any weather, and with any gear ratio...I really was looking forward to comparing the EFI vs. Carb ET/MPH's...

BTW, I couldn't have gotten any luckier on this NEW used carb.

I sold the one I spent 2 years tweaking on, when I installed the FiTech...

That meant when the FiTech crapped out, I had to find a carb. I found a $700 custom built one on Craigslist, that was built for the same size engine as I have, recently removed, and it was shear luck, that for the paltry $200 I paid for it, that it works as good, if not better, than the one I sold...
I have had major problems with a fitech 30003 the 400 h.p. version ! I purchased an early model ! I could not make it run at all ! I installed a FAST PERFORMANCE Self learning efi system and it works great ! First : You cannot get to a tech, tried 5 times with very long waits, no luck ! second: Emailed and got a couple of useless suggestions. Third : The fitech units are controlled by one potted board, no fixing the unit yourself ! Third : No parts list for repair ! I am out $795.00. Peace of crap!!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 AM
gbarmore
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bld20
I have had major problems with a fitech 30003 the 400 h.p. version ! I purchased an early model ! I could not make it run at all ! I installed a FAST PERFORMANCE Self learning efi system and it works great ! First : You cannot get to a tech, tried 5 times with very long waits, no luck ! second: Emailed and got a couple of useless suggestions. Third : The fitech units are controlled by one potted board, no fixing the unit yourself ! Third : No parts list for repair ! I am out $795.00. Peace of crap!!
I have the 600hp unit and have had issues with it as well. Interestingly enough, my car actually gets harder to start the more time it spends learning. When I do a reset to the base tune it fires up right away on the first turn of the key. A week later after learning for a few hours it takes 2, sometimes 3 tries to get it to fire and it develops run-on and 'dieseling' when I shut it off. I also have a 'dead spot' in the power when the trans shifts from 1st to second. VERY annoying, and when I've called to talk that through with tech support it has not been a good experience, and they have not been able to help me 'dial out' those issues. I usually get off the phone feeling like I did something wrong, and the product is flawless. We'll, it's not. I had an O2 sensor go bad after 4 months and I never could get them to give me a part # to replace it. Actually ended up having to send in my whole EFI system to have them test it to verify why it wasn't running, and then they just sent me a new O2 sensor after all that. I STILL don't know what part to order should that happen again, and as of just a couple of months ago, you cannot order spare parts from them. Maybe that's changed, but I doubt it. I just don't get why they would make that process so difficult. Why would you not offer an easy way for your customers to service your product (as long as it is a DIY kind of issue of course)?

If I had to do it over again I'd probably have gone with a different system. Couple things I would look for would include a wireless handheld, as having it tethered is a bit of a pain, and i'm new to EFI, but it seems to me the custom settings could be a bit more intuitive and instructions that come with it could be better. These are just my experiences, others certainly have varied and been more positive I am sure.....
Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Metalhead140
Drifting

I found the o2 sensor part number somewhere on the Fitech site, I bought a replacement for mine (it didn't actually need it, my issue turned out to be a manifold leak causing lean O2 readings). I haven't had to deal with tech, but my systems is still working well, with about 8,000 miles on it now. Have you tried the chevelle efi forum? Lots of users of these systems post over there.: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/

Last edited by Metalhead140; 06-19-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Fitech o2 sensor Bosch replacement part numbers:
0 258 007 057
0 258 007 058
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 AM
gbarmore
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Metalhead140
Fitech o2 sensor Bosch replacement part numbers:
0 258 007 057
0 258 007 058
Thanks Metalhead, appreciate the link to the Chevelle site and and part #'s. I may buy a spare O2 just in case. When mine went out on me I could still "limp home", but it was not a pleasant experience. Gobs of Toxic unburnt fuel and smoke and 5-10 mph.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:01 AM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Yeh, I can imagine, mine was pretty bad with a fairly major manifold gasket leak, used about twice as much fuel as usual. I think it would've struggled to run without the msd box. Turned out my sensor was fine, but im happier knowing there's a Bosch sensor in there anyway. Probably should pack the original sensor in the car as a spare. Glad to help. I know there's part numbers for a replacement Bosch coolant sensor over on the chevelle efi forum too - though mine seems fine. Fwiw, the Holley Sniper system apparently comes with the same cheaper sensors as the Fitech.

Last edited by Metalhead140; 06-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.
mobird (06-20-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FiTech Go EFI Review