69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build - Page 13 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C3 Tech/Performance
V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #241
vstol
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Stafford Va
Posts: 2,258
Thanked 56 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Neal can you take a shot of your front grilles... It looks great
vstol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #242
Neil B
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstol View Post
Neal can you take a shot of your front grilles... It looks great
It doesn't have any front grills. I kinda like it that way, but once the headlights I ordered arrive, it's gonna ruin the look. I'm still thinking about how I'm going to keep it looking open/blacked out in the grill area while still hiding the headlights.
Neil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #243
Neil B
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pete View Post
Did you get it painted in town, if so from who?
The prior owner painted it in his garage. Tom Argue Design in Clearwater painted the hard top to match and cut/buffed the whole car.

Last edited by Neil B; 05-21-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Neil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:20 PM   #244
jasonberkeley
CF Senior Member
 
jasonberkeley's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Milwaukee, WI / NYC, NY
Posts: 1,458
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Such a great job! The car is awesome!
jasonberkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #245
vstol
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Stafford Va
Posts: 2,258
Thanked 56 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil B View Post
It doesn't have any front grills. I kinda like it that way, but once the headlights I ordered arrive, it's gonna ruin the look. I'm still thinking about how I'm going to keep it looking open/blacked out in the grill area while still hiding the headlights.
That's what I thought, but there is something there or is it wide open? I have my grills powder coated black but was looking at some of the race care front ends and has me thinking??
vstol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #246
vstol
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Stafford Va
Posts: 2,258
Thanked 56 Times in 56 Posts
Default

something like this
Attached Images
 
vstol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #247
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,723
Thanked 294 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Neil, I have come to the party late but I am fully engaged now. I will read your thread from post one through the final postings because you have solved many of the questions and issues I have come upon in my 72 road race inspired car. You have commented on my car with the Vintage Air System and I want to learn more about and duplicate your cooler system while I am working on plumbing mine up.

So thank you for your help already and thank you for assisting with information from your build. I will shamelessly borrow your ideas and give credit where credit is due.

By the way, where are you located? Maybe that information is in the thread, will look, but thought I would ask.

Thanks again, I'm in.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
AllVettes4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #248
Neil B
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstol View Post
That's what I thought, but there is something there or is it wide open? I have my grills powder coated black but was looking at some of the race care front ends and has me thinking??
Right now, my grill opening is wide open. I like it that way without the headlights mounted. But as soon as my lights arrive, it's not going to look right with the lights peeking through the top of the opening. Alot of the original L88 racers used the stock '69 grill without the turn signal lights. I like that look, but I'm kinda letting the car tell me what looks right as I add more parts to it.

I do like the 'full race' look with mesh, aluminum, and rivets. You could integrate some brake ducts too. Once I get the lights in, I'll stand back and see what's going to work on my car.
Neil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #249
Neil B
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Neil, I have come to the party late but I am fully engaged now. I will read your thread from post one through the final postings because you have solved many of the questions and issues I have come upon in my 72 road race inspired car. You have commented on my car with the Vintage Air System and I want to learn more about and duplicate your cooler system while I am working on plumbing mine up.

So thank you for your help already and thank you for assisting with information from your build. I will shamelessly borrow your ideas and give credit where credit is due.

By the way, where are you located? Maybe that information is in the thread, will look, but thought I would ask.

Thanks again, I'm in.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Hey David, I'm in Tampa. My biggest issue with the Vintage Air front runner is routing the PS suction line from the remote reservoir to the pump. I'd like to get the line further away from the upper control arm without putting it any closer to the headers. You likely won't need the cooler with your R&P steering but it made a huge difference with my Borgeson setup because the steering box is completely surrounded by the big block headers and there was very little fluid volume to dissipate heat. BTW, I am not running AC in my car, but the FrontRunner had already been installed by the prior owner. It's a nice drive setup so I want to keep it, but I need to fab a AC delete pulley for it. I bet no one has ever done that before.

Last edited by Neil B; 05-26-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Neil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    C3 Corvette Convertible Top Frame and Blue Soft Top Neil B C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted 0 06-10-2016 01:35 PM
    Hooker Super Comp Big Block Side Mount Headers Neil B C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted 0 12-09-2015 05:06 PM
    19x12" C6 Z06 Wheels with Continental Slicks Neil B C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted 6 07-16-2015 12:10 PM
    99 FRC - Stock OEM Rear Fenders Neil B C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted 0 07-01-2015 02:29 PM
    Mile Racing: Lessons in Meth Injection Tuning Neil B C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 48 11-05-2014 09:52 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    What's your question?
    Send