69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build - Page 14 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C3 Tech/Performance
V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build

Old 10-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #261
OldCarBum
CF Senior Member

Very Nice
OldCarBum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #262
79C3tnd
CF Senior Member

Neil, a few questions on your center console gauges... Where did you get the center "pod" that holds the 5 small gauges, along with the pod where the radio would be? Are they custom fabbed? My apologies if I missed it earlier, but I really like the clean look there.

Finally, I really like the look of your steering wheel and adaptor. What are you running there?

Thanks!

Troy

Last edited by 79C3tnd; 10-04-2017 at 02:38 PM.
79C3tnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #263
Neil B
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79C3tnd View Post
Neil, a few questions on your center console gauges... Where did you get the center "pod" that holds the 5 small gauges, along with the pod where the radio would be? Are they custom fabbed? My apologies if I missed it earlier, but I really like the clean look there.

Finally, I really like the look of your steering wheel and adaptor. What are you running there?

Thanks!

Troy
Hey Troy, the center gauge panel is actually the factory panel with just some minor trimming for the 2 red toggle switches. The Speed Hut 2 1/16" gauges fit the factory panel perfectly. The radio panel is a plastic DIN adapter panel found on ebay (you'll have to clearance the factory gauge panel or buy one already set up with a DIN sized cutout). The toggle switch panel is from New Vintage and is designed to fit a DIN-sized opening.

The steering wheel hub is an NRG short hub mated to an NRG quick release. The wheel is a Momo Prototipo. The tilt column is still operational, but the telescoping feature is now locked with a bolt. I also relocated the ignition switch to the center console (red key + a redundant starter toggle switch).
Neil B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #264
Alex66
CF Senior Member

Beautiful car with a lot of Attention to Detail, also on the interior! It still has that vintage touch inside, what I like a LOT! Same with the TRACO valve covers... Love it
Alex66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #265
Neil B
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex66 View Post
Beautiful car with a lot of Attention to Detail, also on the interior! It still has that vintage touch inside, what I like a LOT! Same with the TRACO valve covers... Love it
Thank you very much. My goal was to keep the vintage vibe with some modern bits and pieces in the mix. Wait 'til you see what those valve covers are going on next!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil B For This Useful Post:
Alex66 (10-05-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #266
79C3tnd
CF Senior Member

Thanks again Neil. Love the car, love the interior! You have given me some great ideas for my build. Much appreciated!!

Troy
79C3tnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #267
Neil B
CF Senior Member

I've made a few small updates to the car. I installed a new Wilwood clutch master kit from Silver Sport. I really like the firewall bracket that comes with the kit. I also just updated the driveshaft to a 2.5" .095 wall shaft with 1330 u joints from Ft. Wayne Clutch and Driveline. It was a custom length order and they had it on my doorstep in 2 business days.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #268
Richard454
CF Senior Member

Looking great Neil!!!

OK- what's this with you going with a BIGGER motor??? You just got it on the road- and it's not enough???

Looking forward to seeing it though!!!

I used the same guys for my driveshaft- great to deal with.

As far as the clutch master- I beefed up my firewall- but ended up totally redesigning the mount-and changed the master out for another one as I wasn't getting enough throw.

A tight fit-used some Żaluminum to make a bracket

In the second pic you can see where I beefed up the lower firewall.

Richard454 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard454 For This Useful Post:
Primo┼ż Krajcar (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #269
The13Bats
CF Senior Member

In post 259

The shot showing the steering column, thats a quick release for the wheel right?

Does it let you keep tele and does the 6 holes match stock c3 wheels?

Do you loose the horn on wheel?

Looking so good,

Thanks
B

Last edited by The13Bats; 11-13-2017 at 11:47 PM.
The13Bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #270
Neil B
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard454 View Post
Looking great Neil!!!

OK- what's this with you going with a BIGGER motor??? You just got it on the road- and it's not enough???

Looking forward to seeing it though!!!
Hehe. I like my cars pretty rowdy. Here is the thread I started on the new motor. I'm taking my time and enjoying the car as it is through the nice weather months here in Tampa.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...big-block.html
Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #271
Neil B
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13Bats View Post
In post 259

The shot showing the steering column, thats a quick release for the wheel right?

Does it let you keep tele and does the 6 holes match stock c3 wheels?

Do you loose the horn on wheel?

Looking so good,

Thanks
B
Yes, it has a short hub and quick release from a company called NRG. It's much easier to get in and out of the Kirkey seat with the wheel removed. The hub allows the use of a horn button, but I have chosen not to use it at this stage. The tilt is operational, but you have to lock the tele into a fixed position with a bolt. Not a big deal for me and easy to adjust if I ever feel the need. My Momo wheel is the standard aftermarket 6 bolt pattern. I think it's close to stock bolt pattern, but I'm not positive on that (you may have to recenter the wheel or something).

Last edited by Neil B; 11-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 69 Corvette Road Race Inspired Build
  •