C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 10:23 PM
sonof2005owner
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster Assembly

Help please. I'm replacing the power steering booster and master cylinder on my '74 project. I've consulted the assembly manual, shop manual and one of my parts supplier, but still not sure how to proceed. The clearest guidance seems to be page 5E-1 (page 238) of the assembly manual. I have the gasket (# 5 on the diagram, which appears to be foam?) but none of my parts supplier seems to have the retainer (#6 on the diagram). Are these parts already assembled in my replacement booster?? I'm asking because it appears these parts were not in between the master cylinder and booster of the set I took apart. If they are supplied separately, what material is the retainer made from? Can I make one myself?
Old 03-12-2016, 12:15 AM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 518 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by sonof2005owner
Help please. I'm replacing the power steering booster and master cylinder on my '74 project. I've consulted the assembly manual, shop manual and one of my parts supplier, but still not sure how to proceed. The clearest guidance seems to be page 5E-1 (page 238) of the assembly manual. I have the gasket (# 5 on the diagram, which appears to be foam?) but none of my parts supplier seems to have the retainer (#6 on the diagram). Are these parts already assembled in my replacement booster?? I'm asking because it appears these parts were not in between the master cylinder and booster of the set I took apart. If they are supplied separately, what material is the retainer made from? Can I make one myself?
I just remove my 78 vacuum booster (factory original). No gasket between the master cylinder and booster, and a thin rubber between the vacuum booster and the firewall. Made my own for the vacuum booster / firewall.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:16 AM
sonof2005owner
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input, yes making my own is certainly an option.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster Assembly

Quick Reply: Power Brake Master Cylinder and Booster Assembly