C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS Pulley for 2 Groove Crank Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Mcjoshin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PS Pulley for 2 Groove Crank Pulley?

I just installed a Weiand 142 blower and had to eliminate the add-on crank pulley that normally adds 2 grooves to the standard 2 groove crank pulley. Unfortunately, now my PS pump is not lining up. I need to get my hands on a pulley that works with a standard 2 groove crank pulley. There's so many different options out there and I can't figure out which one will work.

Does anyone know of a pulley that lines up with the second groove on a standard 2 groove crank pulley? I'm guessing it would be about 1/2" offset compared to the stock one which normally lines up with the 3rd groove on the stock setup. I'm beating my head against a wall here and really hope I don't have to rip apart everything that I just put back in thanks to this stupid pulley!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:48 AM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Hi Mc;
don't know if this will help but I had the same problem with my 350 sb power steering pulley. It was a stamped solid steel pulley that my restoration book said was correct but it was off a good 1/4 inch. The correct pulley turned out to be a cast three spoke pulley , that made the difference and all lined up. I have a two groove crank pulley and the p/s belt runs on the groove closest to the fan.

Quick Reply: PS Pulley for 2 Groove Crank Pulley?