C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detroit Speed - Sneak Peek

Old 05-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

I rode in a DSE 69 Nova with all their stuff tonight. It has a stroked LS3 to 427 putting out over 600 HP. I was impressed with the ride and handling. Of course it ran like stink and put a grin on my face a mile wide. What a cool ride. This car is setup for autox and track but was extremely street able. I would suspect the corvette stuff to be the same. Would love to be a test mule myself.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 AM
C3Paul
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Van Steel
8 link. We have been working on something very similar but using the factory diff.
Good to see companies investing in to R&D for these old cars.

It is exciting to see adapting new diff to replace the heavy cast iron unit with what I assume is an Aluminium one and also the possibility to replace 80-82 Dana units with stronger diff.

Great effort Guys!

Btw, any update on the Drop Spindle???
Old 05-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by C3Paul

Good to see companies investing in to R&D for these old cars.

It is exciting to see adapting new diff to replace the heavy cast iron unit with what I assume is an Aluminium one and also the possibility to replace 80-82 Dana units with stronger diff.

Great effort Guys!

Btw, any update on the Drop Spindle???
The drop spindle drawings are done but only for C6 big brake upgrades, which means a new front hub bearing to go along with it and a totally different brake package. Making one for the stock brakes is kind of hard to do. We kind of put the project on the back burner. Yes there is room for improvements but we feel the OE spindle is better than what others are offering at the moment in their kits. The spindle is taller, has better king pin inclination and ackerman is better than what's out there. I have not seen the DSE front end but I suspect they are using the C5/6/7 style front upright as well. They make excellent products.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t9l82
I understand that aspect. However it's silly to exclude the same car only on the bumpers. I've been a good guys member for years and that rule should have an exception.
I like that approach, it makes perfect sense for the money. I will look into that. I am interested to acquire a C3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Detroit Speed - Sneak Peek