C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal floor added to fiberglass one in 1975

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 03:09 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

There are aftermarket metal floor pans made the only problem you'd have is your trans tunnel and frame rail sides are fiberglass so you'd either have to graft the metal floor pans to the fiberglass or while your body is out make a new trans tunnel and side rails to allow you to weld the floor pans in.
I think you are overthinking this as thousands of C3's were made with fiberglass floor pans and I've never heard of something coming through one.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:06 PM
T79master
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 c3 ,,,, rotted metal under seat

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I have a question......I though that the 75s went to a metal floor, in order to handle the added heat from the catalytic converters, which were introduced in '75......
Good evening, I am in the process of redoing the seats,
​​​drivers side - when I went to move the seat up to get to the back bolts the whole damn seat came out with the ****,,, it's all rotted & someone held it together with ductape!!!

Question- can I purchase prefabbed floor board's???

Also, passenger side bolts are different sizes & all rusted and rounded out, any tips on how to remove w/o messing up the carpet which actually is in good condition,,,

lipstick on a pig I guess!!! Someone hacked this together!!! Thanks for your input!!!
Old 08-15-2021, 08:02 AM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by T79master
​​​drivers side - when I went to move the seat up to get to the back bolts the whole damn seat came out with the ****,,, it's all rotted & someone held it together with ductape!!!

Also, passenger side bolts are different sizes & all rusted and rounded out, any tips on how to remove w/o messing up the carpet which actually is in good condition,,,

lipstick on a pig I guess!!! Someone hacked this together!!! Thanks for your input!!!
I don't know of new panels for the 75 floor, but you should be able to find used. May be easier to just repair what you have with fiberglass and replace the seat belt reinforcement steel pieces.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:44 AM
T79master
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '75
I don't know of new panels for the 75 floor, but you should be able to find used. May be easier to just repair what you have with fiberglass and replace the seat belt reinforcement steel pieces.
Thank you for the quick reply, I have seen some prefabbed after market pan's that run around $300.00 each & I have also seen several post on how to repair with fiberglass,,, that seems to be a wonderful option,,, maybe more technical but may also be less labor,,,

Thank you for your reply!!!
Old 08-15-2021, 07:02 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by T79master

You are responding to a 3 year old post on a thread from 5 years ago. Please start a new thread with your question.

Quick Reply: Metal floor added to fiberglass one in 1975