C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line install

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:08 PM
trainmankjm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fuel line install

In the process of changing my body mounts so thought it would be good to change fuel and brake lines .
So im doing the mounts one side at a time and was able to remove the mounts by raising the body approx 3"
Tried to remove the rh passenger fuel lines but it looks like i need to raise the body up some more
Does anyone have any idea how high i need to raise body to replace the lines?
Thank you
Old 09-13-2016, 08:13 PM
lvmyvt76
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 118 Posts

did my brake lines with out lifting the body, don't know on fuel lines
Old 09-15-2016, 12:42 PM
HUSKEE73
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trainmankjm
In the process of changing my body mounts so thought it would be good to change fuel and brake lines .
So im doing the mounts one side at a time and was able to remove the mounts by raising the body approx 3"
Tried to remove the rh passenger fuel lines but it looks like i need to raise the body up some more
Does anyone have any idea how high i need to raise body to replace the lines?
Thank you
do you have a removable crossmember?if so,you can feed the fuel lines from the under the crossmember to the back up and over the frame rails,then put a small jack under crossmember and remove bolts and slowly lower crossmember and slip the fuel lines up then reset the crossmember and bolt it back in.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi l,
I believe that since the long brake line doesn't need to go up over the kick-up in the frame at the trailing arm it's a more straight forward installation.
Regards,
Alan
Old 09-15-2016, 06:29 PM
trainmankjm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have removed the crossmember and with the body raised approx 3" i cannot remove the old fuel line or install the new one
I plan to paint frame this weekend and then try to raise body about 10" ,so i can get fuel tube over the back kick up area
Will also raise the frame higher but will need to wait a week or so until my son is available to help

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel line install

Quick Reply: Fuel line install