C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1973 blower motor works with heater and key off but not with AC

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 01:14 AM
BB 73
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 blower motor works with heater and key off but not with AC

Hello,
Long story short, recent 496 engine swap (original 454 with ac) updated ac, updated blower motor (c5 motor with 3/4 plate added). New engine is running fine, when I updated the AC I replaced all dash bulbs and fixed tack clock and all other gauges. Have everything installed and testing and I'm running into a very strange issue that I cannot find an answer to. This forum has gotten me through the last 3 months of all my other issues. Currently I have AC running on medium, will not run on high. Once I disengage Max AC and switch to high or even with the key out of the ignition the blower motor will run High I've checked fuses, replaced relay, all voltages are there and again the blower motor will run in high in every setting except with Max AC. It's also weird that it runs with the key out of the ignition?? With the max AC setting the off fan which is farthest to the left goes on barely and the low and medium work but no high speed until I disengage Max AC as stated earlier. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Bob

Last edited by BB 73; 02-09-2017 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Add

Quick Reply: 1973 blower motor works with heater and key off but not with AC