C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swapping a C3 Corvette (photos)

Old 03-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 915 Likes on 461 Posts
Default LS Swapping a C3 Corvette (photos)

LS Swapping a C3 Corvette (photos)
by Brett Foote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Z06LMB
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm fascinated by the idea behind making a reliable classic car like a C3. I never take any of my older cars out for very long ventures or on very cold or hot days for fear something will happen, they can't be trusted (in my mind).
I have a few questions that are important to me.
1. Is there any model year or any model equipped with certain options that make an LS swap easier or costs less?

2. I know there must be factors such as which LS motor, horsepower and torque desired, the transmission and other features that influence costs, but if there is such a label, what would a basic level swap cost for an LS
3. I have seen most of the parts required for a swap but I haven't seen any parts associated with the air conditioning system which is very important for me. What must be changed, or what is involved in an the swapping process?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 AM
Laws69cars
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. .. I'm considering doing the same thing????
Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Patro46
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LMB
I'm fascinated by the idea behind making a reliable classic car like a C3. I never take any of my older cars out for very long ventures or on very cold or hot days for fear something will happen, they can't be trusted (in my mind).
1. Is there any model year or any model equipped with certain options that make an LS swap easier or costs less?

2. I know there must be factors such as which LS motor, horsepower and torque desired, the transmission and other features that influence costs, but if there is such a label, what would a basic level swap cost for an LS
3. I have seen most of the parts required for a swap but I haven't seen any parts associated with the air conditioning system which is very important for me. What must be changed, or what is involved in an the swapping process?

Jump over to digitalcorvette.com. I have a sticky on an in depth LS build hosted there.

Good luck. You wont regret it
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM
parkwood60
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LMB

1) Later cars with the cross fire injection should be easier to swap, only in that they should already have a fuel system with a return line.

2) The sky is the limit really, but to swap one from a 2002 F-body parts car (for instance) that already runs would be the cheapest. You ought to be able to use the computer, oil pan and exhaust manifolds. You will have to update the hydraulic ram steering system, or modify to fit the pan. Not sure if the LS power steeerign pump works with it either. The old transmission is supposed to bolt on with just a simple adapter in the center of the crank to make up the .4" that it is shorter.

3) Making the AC work ought to just be a matter of getting compatible lines, though with R134 it won't be as cold as the original.

Get notified of new replies

To LS Swapping a C3 Corvette (photos)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS Swapping a C3 Corvette (photos)