C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do LED headlights finally make sense for normal people?

Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,246 Likes on 3,898 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I can't see when the bright lights come at me when I'm in the vette, they're aimed right at my face. Most people around here seem ignorant to the fact what a high or low beam is. I flash my lights and they have now idea, so I flip my highs on and keep going, they don' t even flash their lights back. Seems the newer drivers aren't taught the common sense things we were back in the day. Then there is the guys that put in the high intensity lights and dont adjust them, had one guy that had his lights pointing weird, one directly down and the other right in my face, i flipped on my highs and he flipped his on high. One kept pointing at the ground and the other left my face and went over my head. what a clown. lots of examples like that.

As for working, I hate flourescent lighting, it messes with my eyes. They aren't bright enough for my old eyes. I have some inexpensive LED hanging work lights similar to flourescent tube lights. I love them, they light up my work tables and my engine bay like daylight. Its easy to find all the springs and bolts I drop

Last edited by Rescue Rogers; 05-05-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Metalhead140,

I've been looking at these lights for a while but can't find any reference to anyone actually trying to install them into a C3 headlight bucket. Please let me how it goes. I would buy these in a heartbeat if they work for our application.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Metalhead140
Richard,

They're what I've ordered, I'm hoping they won't be too difficult a fit, but I won't have them on hand for a good few weeks yet... I'll let you know if you like?

Old 05-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,729 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by 71406
Hey Metalhead140,

I've been looking at these lights for a while but can't find any reference to anyone actually trying to install them into a C3 headlight bucket. Please let me how it goes. I would buy these in a heartbeat if they work for our application.

Thanks
Yep- It'll take some work...

Metalhead- DO take pics...I'm thinking you might can space the lights forward about ½" to get a little more clearance...

These lights -not NEAR as big- are a tight fit-

Not a lot of room...

here's what was removed-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do LED headlights finally make sense for normal people?