C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1974 L82 Quadrajet Bracket Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
psykod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1974 L82 Quadrajet Bracket Question

Could someone tell me whether or not the carb on my car should have a "Secondary Throttle Lockout Lever"? I read that it was not on all Quadrajets. The reason I ask is that there were other parts on my carb that were missing (the "Secondary Vacuum Break Rod"). I don't know if the throttle lockout lever was removed as well or if it just never came with it. Most pictures I see online are inconsistent or are hard to see.
Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 PM
robert.sperry
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a low mileage 74' with an L48 with what I believe is the original quadrajet ( the carb. is the correct part number for the engine and transmission (4 speed) that I have). The carb on my car appears to have the lever you are asking about.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:42 PM
psykod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robert.sperry
I have a low mileage 74' with an L48 with what I believe is the original quadrajet ( the carb. is the correct part number for the engine and transmission (4 speed) that I have). The carb on my car appears to have the lever you are asking about.
Great! Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To 1974 L82 Quadrajet Bracket Question

Quick Reply: 1974 L82 Quadrajet Bracket Question