C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun Day at the Alignment Shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 312 Posts

Default Fun Day at the Alignment Shop

5 Months ago I had the Alignment done after redoing my Suspension. I had a couple of issues to deal with so was un able to finish. I have been waiting a month to get back in with him he is so busy.
Today a buddy of mine got me into a local Shop on Sunday today when they are closed. So we had the whole shop to ourselves all we lacked was somebody who knew what they were doing. However we got the the Car on the Rack and the Censors hooked up and the PC reading the Info. Started making changes spent 3 hours on the right A Arm adding and subtracting Shims till we figured it out. Then the rest of the Car took another Hour. Had to Google how to convert Toe in inches into Degrees but there is an App for that. One way or another I now have a car that looks and drives like its in alignment. The Rack was a Bend Pack, but I never did see what the Alignment Equipment was. Nothing new or cutting edge, but it was new to me. Just another fun day in the do it yourself Corvette Hobby.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:46 PM
cobrachuck
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts

Gale,
Glad you got it right
Your car looks very cool.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

I firmly believe in taking my car to a shop to get alignments right. I have the tools to do it at home. I'd rather have a professional double check my numbers after I set it up. Finding a good shop is tough and they are typically very busy.

I really like the photo. I never think of shooting photos like this.

Last edited by Street Rat; 05-22-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Thread Hijack: What rear spoiler is that? -The purpose of the cut-out in the center is just os that you don't scratch it up when filling up the gas tank, right?

Never seen that before and curious as I've got a wavy 79 rear spoiler that one day will need to be replaced...
[Edit] Paid a bit more attention this time; completely different aftermarket replacement rear bumper: whose though?

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 05-22-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 312 Posts

The Rear Bumper started out as a 80-82 Fiberglass replacement. The Spoiler is built up to resemble the C6 ZR-1. The center is the stock height. The Reverse lights are early C4 and the Taillamps are C6. This is a one off made bumper and there are no molds to produce another.

Get notified of new replies

To Fun Day at the Alignment Shop

Quick Reply: Fun Day at the Alignment Shop