C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Window Regulator Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:00 AM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Power Window Regulator Rebuild

So my drivers door outside handle broke and the window stopped about an inch from full closed and would start clicking. I gutted my door and found the door handle where the linkage connects broken and the window regulator gear had worn teeth.

I ordered a new door handle and gasket, also a stainless steel window regulator gear kit, spring rivet, and door seal.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1968-1982.html

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1968-1982.html

The door had some surface rust inside, so I cleaned it up and coated the inside with Rustoleum rust reformer. Then I cleaned and lubed all the internal pieces for the latch and window assembly.

I ground out the old rivets/ parts of the window regulator that were being replaced. Then I replaced with the new parts and used a sledge hammer/ punch for the new rivets/ parts install. Added lube to all pivot points and gear.

I now have the door handle, latch assembly installed, and still working on getting the window assemble installed. I'll have it finished this weekend. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to get it back together, so looking forward to the first drive of the year.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM
BKbroiler
Le Mans Master

Received 706 Likes on 401 Posts

Looks like you have it all under control there Mike.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:10 AM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BKbroiler
Looks like you have it all under control there Mike.
Thanks Bruce!

Get notified of new replies

To Power Window Regulator Rebuild

Quick Reply: Power Window Regulator Rebuild