C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anbody familiar with the Car Chemistry Extreme High Flow Side Pipe inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:47 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default Anbody familiar with the Car Chemistry Extreme High Flow Side Pipe inserts?

So, was cruising the web and found that Car Chemistry has some "Extreme High Flow" side pipe inserts.

http://www.carchemistry.com/extreme-...pipe-mufflers/

The biggest actually have a 3" core diameter. I wonder how these would sound compared to my STS baffles (which I run capped). I was told that my 496 is starting to choke above 5500 rpm with the STS baffles.

Figure that I would have to get the EFI retuned for more flow if needed. Just not sure if I want louder exhaust though. The biggest issue with the STS baffles to me is the tinny sound.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM
76strokervette
Burning Brakes

Received 200 Likes on 156 Posts

I have the classic chamber 3 inch core with insulation. I can take picture next time I am in garage if you would like. I will comment on sound after the new engine is fired up also. There are sound clips on the website if that interests you.
Hope this helps,
Dave
Old 07-17-2017, 04:27 PM
REELAV8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1,034 Likes on 852 Posts

Those remind me of dirt bike muffler inserts. They'll be loud and sound pretty good until the packing either gets beat up and comes out or it gets packed from the exhaust pulses, then it'll get raspy and louder. Guaranteed they will need to be repacked from time to time.

I have the STS baffles as well. Open up the end caps and you'll remove your restriction. Also will get louder.

Last edited by REELAV8R; 07-17-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 779 Likes on 533 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Those look like the baffles we would put in our Harley drag pipes to get past inspection and The Fuzz !

Get notified of new replies

To Anbody familiar with the Car Chemistry Extreme High Flow Side Pipe inserts?

Quick Reply: Anbody familiar with the Car Chemistry Extreme High Flow Side Pipe inserts?