C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Help with Cruise Control Connector

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:00 PM
pwaterman
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Help with Cruise Control Connector

I am replacing a broken turn indicator lever that has cruise control (T&T column). I cannot locate where the cruise control cable connects under the dash. The connector may have come unconnected as there is a fair amount of cable that I can pull through the column - however, it will not pull all the way out (it may be stuck in the column - or still connected).

1978 Automatic

A picture of what the connection looks like and where it is would be most helpful!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:47 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

I don't have a photo of the connector, but it has a small half-round head. The conductor end is made of circuit board material...about 1/16" thick and about 1/4" wide and 1/2" long; it has 3 soldered strips on it and that gizmo get plugged into a receiver. (should be able to find images of this using Google Images)

The Chassis Service Manual for your car has all the photos and relevant info for testing and installation of the system.

You can easily test the proper functions of that switch by connecting an ohmmeter to the various terminal strips on that connector. Oh, the connection is made somewhere around the steering column just inside the dash pad.

Last edited by 7T1vette; 08-11-2017 at 11:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pwaterman (08-14-2017)

Quick Reply: C3 Help with Cruise Control Connector