C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C condenser size

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:34 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 543 Posts

Default A/C condenser size

I am trying to do an up and over the radiator cold air intake for the TPI engine I put in my 78. THere is another thread out there that I have posted a few weeks ago, so I won't rehash. I have it all figured out, I think, cut the core support, got it to fit under the hood. Except when you raise the hood, the intake tube hits the condenser. I have seen a few posts about a parallel flow condenser and how they are a bit more efficient. Not sure if that is true but I read it on the internet, so it must be. My question to you is if I were to install a 14 X 26 parallel condenser in place of the standard 16 X 26 would my ability to keep the car cold be seriously hurt? Is this a case where size does matter? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by kanvasman
My question to you is if I were to install a 14 X 26 parallel condenser in place of the standard 16 X 26 would my ability to keep the car cold be seriously hurt? Is this a case where size does matter? Thanks.
Hello kanvasman,

Imo I don't think that would make a "serious" difference. After all you would be upgrading to a more efficient design too.

Quick Reply: A/C condenser size