C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Swap with Drive by Wire & Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
R6n350GT
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default LS1 Swap with Drive by Wire & Cruise Control

What is needed pedal wise to make LS1 and Drive by Wire TB work in a C3 ?

I have a Auto 12200411 PCM

The loom that came with the Engine was manual which has Drive by cable TB.

I got a Auto loom from a VZ commodore which has Drive by wire.

I either cut and modify the VZ auto loom to make it compatible with the Cable TB or use the new Wire TB which is better for cruise control ???

Anyone can suggest how to make all of this work ?
what kind of pedal do i need - one like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Co...gAAOSwhcJWJbOT

What kind of cruise control module works with the 411 PCM and Wire TB.

Any links and pics?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 10:33 AM
71 Vert LS1
Melting Slicks

Received 393 Likes on 298 Posts

Give the guys at Speartech a call. They have done LS harnesses for years. Howell fuel injection is another good one.

I spoke to Dakota Digital about this a few years ago. If I recall correctly you need a VSS signal to make the cruise work. You can use the VSS signal from the trans but the PCM needs a VSS signal also. Per Dakota Digital you can't just splice into the VSS you need a signal spilter which they sell.

Also check over a LS1 Tech. I believe there is a dedicated thread about cruise control.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Garys 68
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The 411 ECU can be configured for DBW. You'll need a pedal, TAC module, and throttle body from an 01 or 02 truck or corvette with DBW. The cruise is integrated into the ecu/tac, no extra modules needed and will work with a GM cruise control switch.
Not sure how much rewiring would be required with your harness vs getting a new one.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
LuckySeventySeven
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is an excellent question, after I get my AC fixed and working flawlessly, next thing i want to do is completely go over all the vacuum lines and wiring harness, replacing what needs replaced. I'm anxiously waiting for the stuff I ordered from Willcox, such as the assembly manual and wiring schematic etc.

I want to find a way to use my cruise control when its all said and done and use it with EFI. I "think" the FI-Tech setup is drive by throttle body.

I'll look forward to what people have to say about this.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 AM
R6n350GT
Racer

Thanks every one. re Speartech, im in australia and out looms / ecus are different. ill post a pic up later.

The TAC module i guess is like a cruise module in its self, as its not needed if you dont have cruise ?? or is it needed for the drive by wire.

I realised the new loom i got has a different connection (Blue and Green, not blue and red) to my ecu.. so i either need a Blue/green ecu from a VZ or get a cable driven loom.. how easy is Drive by Cable ? What is needed to work the the 81 and older cruise stalk.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Garys 68
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You need the tac module with DBW TB on the gen III stuff, regardless. Gen IV eliminated the tac, but cruise control can be problematic.
BTW, what year motor is it? The 411 ecu will only work with a 24X reluctor motor.
I saw your post over at LS1tech.
The stock VSS will work, nothing extra needed.
The normally closed cc switch wont work. You need a normally open.
You'll also need a brake switch with normally open and closed positions.
There is a separate wire harness that runs from tac to pedal.
Like I said earlier, easiest solution would be to get an 01-02 truck harness, tb, tac and reprogram the ecu.

Last edited by Garys 68; 10-23-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 PM
R6n350GT
Racer

Originally Posted by Garys 68
You need the tac module with DBW TB on the gen III stuff, regardless. Gen IV eliminated the tac, but cruise control can be problematic.
BTW, what year motor is it? The 411 ecu will only work with a 24X reluctor motor.
I saw your post over at LS1tech.
The stock VSS will work, nothing extra needed.
The normally closed cc switch wont work. You need a normally open.
You'll also need a brake switch with normally open and closed positions.
There is a separate wire harness that runs from tac to pedal.
Like I said earlier, easiest solution would be to get an 01-02 truck harness, tb, tac and reprogram the ecu.
2005 - black crank sensor plug behind the starter so 24x/

This is a 05 VY Manual Loom..

0411 VY Auto PCM - Can be programmed to manual , DBW or DBC.

RED/BLUE connectors. The VZ auto loom with DBW TB has a RED / GREEN connector that wont work with this PCM ..

Need to sell this loom but thats what our Australian Commodore ones look like. Different to the USA ones?

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 Swap with Drive by Wire & Cruise Control

Quick Reply: LS1 Swap with Drive by Wire & Cruise Control