C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big fuel system build....(lots of pics)

Old 10-25-2017, 02:03 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by BKbroiler
Hey that was a great video - in broad daylight no less. I noticed you raising & lowering widows. You didn't have the AC on did you?

Nice work on that fuel system too.

Hell ya I had the AC on, it’s hot down here... Actually I turned the AC off right before we started racing... I left it off until I turned the camera off.

I was only lowering/raising the window to communicate with him as my tint is very dark and he couldn’t see hand signs.

We were supposed to rematch this weekend, but now he is telling me I have to wait and he is doing a fuel system, switching to E85 and going to pulley down so...he should have no problem walking me but....you never know.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Nice setup!! I am not feeding the cubes you are, but went with the McRobb pickup and pump for my BBC build. I also ran a 1/2 stainless fuel line on the frame.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 AM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice work as always Allen.

So you know, I ran the same type of hose routed the same way.

Since I’m paranoid I added some Stainless steel “skid plates”.
Your pic of the back right corner, underneath, by the triangle frame support was one place. The other was between the rear tire and fuel line. Just a 1/16” SS panel to prevent things from whacking the fuel lines

I did notice that the one skid plate on the back right had a divot in it after the HRPT. Least something held together that trip…

Using the Aeromotive fuel pump controller to help with fuel heating

keep up the nice work and hope to see you again soon
Old 10-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Cool bean
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Relay & inertia switch location

I put the fuel pump relay and inertia switch inside the jack compartment, not the battery compartment. Since all alarm electronics from my 74 were removed, theres plenty of room. I put the inertia switch there so i could reach it while sitting in driver seat. It doubles as a kill switch. Well, sort of. :-)
The relay and switch are mounted tight enough so the basket still fits and hides the wiring.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlowAMouse
Nice work as always Allen.

So you know, I ran the same type of hose routed the same way.

Since I’m paranoid I added some Stainless steel “skid plates”.
Your pic of the back right corner, underneath, by the triangle frame support was one place. The other was between the rear tire and fuel line. Just a 1/16” SS panel to prevent things from whacking the fuel lines

I did notice that the one skid plate on the back right had a divot in it after the HRPT. Least something held together that trip…

Using the Aeromotive fuel pump controller to help with fuel heating

keep up the nice work and hope to see you again soon
GOOD idea on the skid plates. I also thought about **** possibly hitting the hose. Maybe I’ll come up with something to protect the strike zones.

The whole time I was planning this electric pump system, I was thinking about your car vapor locking all over the Power Tour. I’m hoping to not have that issue with the 12-1600 pump, I’ll only be running one pump so it shouldn’t recirc too fast. Hopefully. I guess we’ll see.

I’m more worried about reliability then anything else on this car.

It goes to the paint shop next month so, I need to get the fuel system stuff lined out ASAP.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:42 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cool bean
I put the fuel pump relay and inertia switch inside the jack compartment, not the battery compartment. Since all alarm electronics from my 74 were removed, theres plenty of room. I put the inertia switch there so i could reach it while sitting in driver seat. It doubles as a kill switch. Well, sort of. :-)
The relay and switch are mounted tight enough so the basket still fits and hides the wiring.
Thanks! I’m definitely going to check the jack compartment. I do have my jack, jumper cables and the basket in there so, I’ll need to check for room. Hopefully that spot will work and be easy to run wires to/from.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
GOOD idea on the skid plates. I also thought about **** possibly hitting the hose. Maybe I’ll come up with something to protect the strike zones.

The whole time I was planning this electric pump system, I was thinking about your car vapor locking all over the Power Tour. I’m hoping to not have that issue with the 12-1600 pump, I’ll only be running one pump so it shouldn’t recirc too fast. Hopefully. I guess we’ll see.

It goes to the paint shop next month so, I need to get the fuel system stuff lined out ASAP.
Wow! OK, I have to ask- what color?!?!?!?
Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Les
Wow! OK, I have to ask- what color?!?!?!?
1969 Lemans Blue....

We’ll be twinsies...
Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Les
Race Director

1969 Lemans Blue....

We’ll be twinsies...
Most excellent!!! That's gonna be sweet! Any timeline for completion? That always seems to be the tricky part.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Les
Most excellent!!! That's gonna be sweet! Any timeline for completion? That always seems to be the tricky part.

He says 4 months at the most. Drive in/drive out. Stripping it to the gelcoat, then bodywork, prep, paint etc. It goes in mid Nov.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Les
Race Director

Great timing, and I'm sure it's not just random. I'm also sure you have a top notch shop lined up. Good luck, bud.

Go Astros!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:33 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Les
Great timing, and I'm sure it's not just random. I'm also sure you have a top notch shop lined up. Good luck, bud.

Go Astros!

The guy that is painting my car is the same guy that painted my turbo bike

It’s just a typical paint/custom shop, not a vette specific/resto shop.

I’m sure he’ll do fine enough for me tho.

Last edited by ajrothm; 10-25-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:27 AM
bluegtp
Drifting

Received 286 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The guy that is painting my car is the same guy that painted my turbo bike

It’s just a typical paint/custom shop, not a vette specific/resto shop.

I’m sure he’ll do fine enough for me tho.
Looks good. Thanks for the photos and ideas. Just bought some -6an braided hose for my ls3 swap and I thinking of removing all the stock hard lines for the new stuff and routing in the same locations. I ended up buying 20' the jegs brand Pro-Flo 30R9. Nylon outer, ss braided inside and rated for e85. I'm using the pro-flo 350 for my trans cooler lines. I'm also using a mixture of the vibrant and jegs fittings too.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:48 AM
BlowAMouse
Racer

No worries about vapor lock on next years HRPT.
Bought a 4spd 67 SS/RS Camaro with a stock BB, Mama’s getting AC and a trunk next year.

Vette will be put back together with a stronger motor and used for local runs till I solve the vapor lock issue.

BLUE ? can’t wait to see it..post pictures please
Old 10-26-2017, 09:28 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

No worries about vapor lock on next years HRPT.
Bought a 4spd 67 SS/RS Camaro with a stock BB, Mama’s getting AC and a trunk next year.

Vette will be put back together with a stronger motor and used for local runs till I solve the vapor lock issue.

BLUE ? can’t wait to see it..post pictures please
Oh man she’s is gonna be loving that. Living the life of luxury with some room, smoother ride and AC...

Not sure when I’ll do the HRPT again, maybe in a couple years.

Next July Lorie and I are taking my C7Z to Bowlingreen and Deals Gap NC to run the Tail of the Dragon and stay at the Topoco lodge in the Smokies. It’s gonna be a blast.

Post up some pics of the RS/SS when you get it! I bet it’s bad ***.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:09 PM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Oh man she’s is gonna be loving that. Living the life of luxury with some room, smoother ride and AC...

Not sure when I’ll do the HRPT again, maybe in a couple years.

Next July Lorie and I are taking my C7Z to Bowlingreen and Deals Gap NC to run the Tail of the Dragon and stay at the Topoco lodge in the Smokies. It’s gonna be a blast.

Post up some pics of the RS/SS when you get it! I bet it’s bad ***.

Will be adding my personal "flare" to it, but I don't wish to high jack this thread

Last edited by BlowAMouse; 10-27-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:16 PM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Some Pic's of my current setup. Maybe it will give people a few more ideas

Note: I changed out the steal all thread for a teflon version. Rather it break than poke a hole in the tank
The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (10-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Big fuel system build....(lots of pics)

Old 10-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Les
Race Director

Wow, sweeeeet Camaro!

Will be adding my personal "flare" to it, but I don't wish to high jack this thread

The following users liked this post:
BlowAMouse (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 02:27 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Some Pic's of my current setup. Maybe it will give people a few more ideas

Note: I changed out the steal all thread for a teflon version. Rather it break than poke a hole in the tank

Wow! I love the sumped tank. I thought about doing that as well, but I was trying to keep the tire carrier functional since I use it to carry tools/parts on road trips.

You have a nice setup there.

Also congrats on the RS/SS, I love 67’s the best with the wing windows, grilled hideaway headlights etc. That car will be a blast out on the highway. 396/325HP I assume? Numbers matching?

Bad *** ride, mommas gonna love that. Not to mention room in the trunk for beer.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:04 PM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Not #matching but a real nice 427 out of a Chevelle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big fuel system build....(lots of pics)