Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

tubular a-arms

Old 03-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Techoca
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by Techoca View Post
Mark, I am waiting to hear back from them again, I received an email today, the dialogue has been cordial. I do not expect to have problems.
Eddy
Mark, I have heard back from POL, the refund process in currently in the works. The folks at POL have been great(other than the arms donít fit). I certainly regret the time lost but itís not eternal, just inconvenient.

In reference to the measurement of the Global West upper control arm, I am measuring 9.5 inches from the centerline of the shaft to the center of grease zerk on ball joint.
Eddy

Last edited by Techoca; 03-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:50 PM
gearheadz
CF Senior Member

Mark, I have heard back from POL, the refund process in currently in the works. The folks at POL have been great(other than the arms donít fit). I certainly regret the time lost but itís not eternal, just inconvenient.

In reference to the measurement of the Global West upper control arm, I am measuring 9.5 inches from the centerline of the shaft to the center of grease zerk on ball joint.
Eddy
Eddy, with everything you've been through with these arms, you have been remarkably tolerant and understanding!

9.5" on the upper arm is very close to OEM. My measurements were approximate since my shafts are in the POL arms. It's undoubtedly a perfect match to their lower arm. GW is top notch so you'll have no issues whatsoever.

I've sent an email to POL regarding what I've found. Rather than put my OEM arms back, I'd welcome one more try at the upper arms by POL if they're willing to turn it around in a reasonable time frame. Mark
The Following User Says Thank You to gearheadz For This Useful Post:
Techoca (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Techoca
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by gearheadz View Post
Eddy, with everything you've been through with these arms, you have been remarkably tolerant and understanding!

9.5" on the upper arm is very close to OEM. My measurements were approximate since my shafts are in the POL arms. It's undoubtedly a perfect match to their lower arm. GW is top notch so you'll have no issues whatsoever.

I've sent an email to POL regarding what I've found. Rather than put my OEM arms back, I'd welcome one more try at the upper arms by POL if they're willing to turn it around in a reasonable time frame. Mark
I believe a great deal if patience has been exhibited by all of us who have purchased the POL arms. I would like to see them get it right for the sake of everyone. I appreciate all that has been contributed to this thread, maybe others will benefit.
Eddy
Old 03-14-2019, 02:04 PM
Techoca
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19
Default Post Alignment Assessment

My car has now had an alignment performed with the Global West control arms installed. The camber was set to -.5 degrees and the caster set to + 5.5 degrees. The car drives fabulous I am pleased with the results.
Primoz, this is a great thread, an excellent exchange of information. Thanks to all whoíve contributed.
Eddy
The Following User Says Thank You to Techoca For This Useful Post:
Primoz (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Primoz
CF Senior Member

2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Drive safe and enjoy the car! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Primoz For This Useful Post:
Techoca (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:20 PM
BEJ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

My car has now had an alignment performed with the Global West control arms installed. The camber was set to -.5 degrees and the caster set to + 5.5 degrees. The car drives fabulous I am pleased with the results.
Primoz, this is a great thread, an excellent exchange of information. Thanks to all whoíve contributed.
Eddy
This is all disheartening. I just got around to installing these uppers last night. Really wondering how much of an issue this will be with the offset shaft and the stock lower arms.

BEJ
Old 03-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Techoca
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19

Originally Posted by BEJ View Post
This is all disheartening. I just got around to installing these uppers last night. Really wondering how much of an issue this will be with the offset shaft and the stock lower arms.

BEJ
Hopefully it will work out for you. I have been advised that out of 71 sets, only two have had issues. It just happens mine were 50 percent of that. I still believe the POL arms are a good option for street driven C3's and I trust fully that POL will make it right, my dealings with them have been good and I'll say again that I will do business with them in the future.
Eddy
Old 03-14-2019, 02:59 PM
BEJ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Hopefully it will work out for you. I have been advised that out of 71 sets, only two have had issues. It just happens mine were 50 percent of that. I still believe the POL arms are a good option for street driven C3's and I trust fully that POL will make it right, my dealings with them have been good and I'll say again that I will do business with them in the future.
Eddy
Thanks Eddy. I will need to take some measurements when I get home tonight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tubular a-arms

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: