C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right cam choice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:48 PM
jeremylspencer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right cam choice?

Just ordered an xe 262 cam kit from comp cams comes with cam lifters seals keepers retainers double timing set an springs. Will a 262 be fine in my l81 with basically stock engine... ( dual exhaust. An mallory distributor only upgrades so far) my computer still functions fine so it's all still electronically controlled. Lower end is great only thing wrong with the car is the torque lock will not function so I'm stuck driving at 50 mph trying to keep my rpms below 2000
​​​​​​​
Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 PM
PainfullySlow
Burning Brakes

Received 361 Likes on 228 Posts

You are asking us after you ordered the cam?

By any chance did you discuss this with the folks at Comp Cams? They have people trained to help you with just this question.

Looking at the specs of the cam it seems to be a very mild upgrade to OE camshafts and a little research on this very forum has shown good results from that cam in basically stock motors. I am sure it will do fine.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:38 PM
NeverTooOld
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

The camshaft will work okay as it produces a very flat torque curve but it would sure help if you had another point of compression ratio. It'll work very well with your present rear gear ratio.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Green73
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since we're dealing in hindsight anyway, it sounds like the money would be better spent on fixing the transmission.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 AM
jeremylspencer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The transmission is an easy fix will cost 0....an yes I did order first there's a thing called being able to cancel...no I didn't just pick somthing an order it like an ***. I did read all the stats on the new cam I know the stats of my stock cam. Supposedly it's the biggest you can go without changing to a stall converter an replacing rear end gears. I started thinking about my order an thought you can read whatever you want to on the internet but it's alot better to hear from someone who may have already used this particular setup in their l81
​​​​​​​

Get notified of new replies

To right cam choice?

Quick Reply: right cam choice?