C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spacing pulley's / accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:35 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Spacing pulley's / accessories

Help!

I really, REALLY want to finalize the purchase of all my EFI conversion stuff and I'd really prefer to go with a 58x trigger wheel and a 1x distributor rather than a "dual sync" distributor (especially as both are basically the same cost).

BUT, i don't really understand what's involved in spacing out all the accessories / pulleys and extra 1/8" to accommodate the crank trigger wheel.

The Holley crank trigger wheel kit includes the water pump spacer/ shim, but nothing else. http://documents.holley.com/199r10562.pdf

I need to move the power steering pump, alternator, and AC towards the front of the car by 1/8"; what are my options for doing this, where do I get these parts?

For the accessories that attach towards the front of the car in relation to their brackets, can't I just put a 1/8" thick washer between the accessories and the mounting bracket? (I can't see why I'd need to remove the pulleys and space the pulleys directly.)

For the accessories that attach towards the rear of the car in relation to their brackets, can't I just put a 1/8" thick washer between the accessory's mounting bracket and the block and call it a day?

-Does it really need to be any more difficult or complicated than that?

Adam
Old 12-09-2017, 11:42 AM
NeverTooOld
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Your alternator would only need a 1/8" spacer behind its pulley so the body of the alternator can remain in the same place. I use 5/8" SAE washers to space my alternator pulleys. They just need a tiny bit of rat tail file or Dremel grinding to increase their bore size to slide onto the alternator shaft.

Quick Reply: Spacing pulley's / accessories